Women with implants have higher suicide risk

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
http://olympics.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=healthNews&storyID=7090502

A new study adds to evidence that women with cosmetic breast implants have a higher rate of suicide than other women and shows, for the first time, that they may be more likely to have a history of psychiatric illness as well...

The "new twist" from this study, McLaughlin said, is the additional finding on psychiatric hospital admissions. Compared with women who underwent either breast reduction or other cosmetic procedures, those who received breast implants were 70 percent more likely to have a history of admissions for psychiatric illness.

implants = low self esteem / self image (quite often), low self esteem = greater suicide risk. Seems like a no brainer of a deduction to me.

Vince

huntr1 said:
implants = low self esteem / self image (quite often), low self esteem = greater suicide risk. Seems like a no brainer of a deduction to me.
:yeahthat: I know someone like this. She even had a face lift. Guess she's afraid of growing old, but that's part of life.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
huntr1 said:

B's dumbass little sister got implants at 18 before ever being pregnant just so she'd look good in her wedding dress. :dur: And yes she is a nutcase. Her husband has to fill out a 10 page application and wait for approval to go get a beer with the boys. Still doesn't happen most of the time. That dumbass is the one that paid for her boobs too.

Not that I'm against breast implants by any means. I'll have some one day myself. But I do think there should be some kind of psychiatric eval done first. :lmao:

K

Kain99

They probably think.... If only I had bigger boobs, I'd be so happy! Then they get their boobs and life still sucks. Most likely, it's the disappointment! :lmao:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
pixiegirl said:
Not that I'm against breast implants by any means. I'll have some one day myself. But I do think there should be some kind of psychiatric eval done first. :lmao:

:confused:

For some reason, I'm wantin' to give you a Green Light for that post... :cheers:

K

Kain99

Poor Pix.... she always sticks her little foot, right in it. :flowers:

Vince

pixiegirl said:
Pixie girl you don't need implants. You're just fine the way you are. :huggy:

Hessian

Confession...

I must admit it was what first caught my eye with my wife. She was walking to Western Civ class in a fine looking sweater...oh, well..I was young.

But you know what? It seems that every woman (who is willing to talk about it) seems unsatisfied with the size. Either too big or too small. Then you hear about the enormous emotional damage that is done when surgery removes a breast or disfigures it. I guess it is one thing guys won't ever really understand. I have figured out something else though...a woman who knows how to entice/flirt with her cleavage is either too expensive to keep or too impossible to satisfy.
Anyway, I hope that wasn't too sexist,...I've just grown pessimistic in the past few years. Perhaps it comes from teaching teens who throw all their waking hours into trying to impress guys that are either jerks or oblivious.
(Ever try to coach varsity team of girls who are distracted by who is watching them on the court??)

Last edited:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
pixiegirl said:
... I'll have some one day myself. But I do think there should be some kind of psychiatric eval done first. :lmao:
Are you gonna get yours before they implement that?