3rd Dog-Gone Tiki Bar Family Pet Day

frequentflier

happy to be living
On Sunday October 16 from 12-5 PM, the Tiki Bar on Solomons is going to the dogs (and cats!) Join us for a day of fun for both 2 and 4 legged friends!Greyt Expectations, Golden Retriever Rescue, Second Hope Rescue, SMAWL, PAWS, Friends of Felines and Humane Society of Calvert County will have pets for adoption. Calvert County Animal Contol will attend. We have over 20 vendors coming, Calvert K9 Search & Rescue demonstrations, Midnight's Dog Training agility course, Training by Julie dog games, Moonbounce, Mr Tom's exotic reptiles, Scentsy, Pepper's, doggie pawdicures and dog painting, custom embroidery company (with awesome dog and cat designs), hand made jewelry, crocheted items, dog collars and fleece dog jackets. We have a rescue selling cotton candy and hot chocolate. Plus a pet photographer, Dogwatch of southern MD and groomers with info about their businesses.
Besides a silent auction, 50/50 raffle and prize raffle, there will be a live auction and we have received some incredible donations this year!
NoGreenJellyBeenz acoustic will provide music and food will be provided by the Grill Sergeant and some of our volunteers. Vegetarian food available. Snacks and sodas for the kids are being provided by the Tiki bar.
Doggie contests start at 3 PM.
This 3rd annual fundraiser benefits the Calvert Well pet clinic that opened in Feb 2011. The response has been so overwhelming, there is already talk of putting an addition on the clinic!
This is a family and pet friendly event with free admission, free parking and free food!Well behaved leashed dogs that are up to date on vaccinations are welcome. Please NO flexi/retractable leashes.

If you need more info, I am one of the organizers. Please send me a PM or email me directly at pepperspetpantry@yahoo.com

Mary Beth

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
I can't wait,:yahoo: I hope it's going to be a pretty day. Please make sure you order that for me MaryBeth!

frequentflier

happy to be living
I can't wait,:yahoo: I hope it's going to be a pretty day. Please make sure you order that for me MaryBeth!

Mother Nature has shined on this event for 2 years now and we are counting on a third!
This is the 1st year we are not competing with PRAD. Too many people complained they couldn't get down to the end of the island because of the parade and many did not realize that if they could get down there- there is plenty of FREE parking behind the tiki bar.

unixpirate

Pitty Party
On Sunday October 16 from 12-5 PM, the Tiki Bar on Solomons is going to the dogs (and cats!) Join us for a day of fun for both 2 and 4 legged friends!Greyt Expectations, Golden Retriever Rescue, Second Hope Rescue, SMAWL, PAWS, Friends of Felines and Humane Society of Calvert County will have pets for adoption. Calvert County Animal Contol will attend. We have over 20 vendors coming, Calvert K9 Search & Rescue demonstrations, Midnight's Dog Training agility course, Training by Julie dog games, Moonbounce, Mr Tom's exotic reptiles, Scentsy, Pepper's, doggie pawdicures and dog painting, custom embroidery company (with awesome dog and cat designs), hand made jewelry, crocheted items, dog collars and fleece dog jackets. We have a rescue selling cotton candy and hot chocolate. Plus a pet photographer, Dogwatch of southern MD and groomers with info about their businesses.
Besides a silent auction, 50/50 raffle and prize raffle, there will be a live auction and we have received some incredible donations this year!
NoGreenJellyBeenz acoustic will provide music and food will be provided by the Grill Sergeant and some of our volunteers. Vegetarian food available. Snacks and sodas for the kids are being provided by the Tiki bar.
Doggie contests start at 3 PM.
This 3rd annual fundraiser benefits the Calvert Well pet clinic that opened in Feb 2011. The response has been so overwhelming, there is already talk of putting an addition on the clinic!
This is a family and pet friendly event with free admission, free parking and free food!Well behaved leashed dogs that are up to date on vaccinations are welcome. Please NO flexi/retractable leashes.

If you need more info, I am one of the organizers. Please send me a PM or email me directly at pepperspetpantry@yahoo.com

Mary Beth

Mine are well behaved, can I bring them? :howdy: :lol:

frequentflier

happy to be living
We have received confirmation that a popular disc jockey from a popular classic rock station will be our announcer for the day :yahoo:

frequentflier

happy to be living
:yahoo:Ripley? He's hot.

Yes, Ripley and "the Boss" will be attending. Ripley will be doing all the announcements. They have Rotties and have become customers at our stores.

The auction and raffle items are pouring in. I am in charge of the raffle and we have at least 75 items/gift baskets/ certificates already; each with the value between $25-$75. If you are interested in purchasing raffle tickets in advance or without coming to the event, we have tickets for sale at both Pepper's locations. $5 ea or 5 for $20 (cash only) Do not need to be present to win.

Some- but certainly not all prizes from Local businesses: Ruddy Duck, Island Pet Salon, Big Papa's automotive, Wentworths Nursery, Olive Garden, Moes Southwestern Grill, WalMart, Jill Lee Dog Apparel, Bag Hag Purses, Two Crafty Ladies, J&J custom embroidery, Midnights dog training, Little Whiskers Pet sitters, Training by Julie and more

Baskets & products from Yellow Dog Grooming Products, Fruitables, Stella & Chewys, Coastal Pet Products, Taste of the Wild, Pet Naturals of Vermont and too many more to list

Auction items include: Valerie Lynn Pet Photography, Maertens Fine Jewelery, 1 years supply Canidae grain free dog food, airplane ride, aquariom and supplies, Puss & Boots artwork from Carmens gallery, Gold plated pool cue, hand made jewelry by local artists, MaiTai basket from Tiki bar,

Please check back if you are interested in more of what we have- it is early, I have had 1/2 cup of coffee and am going on memory! I will edit later!!

The money is going for a great cause and your chances of winning are very high!

frequentflier

happy to be living
I can see I will be spending more than I make. I really want to meet Ripley in person.

Ripley and the Boss offered to volunteer- we are not paying them through the radio station or anything. I have met the Boss- she is very cool! I look forward to meeting him, too. He has a wonderful presence on the radio as does Tasha; who I understand also has dogs. I have not listened to so much radio in years! :larry:

frequentflier

happy to be living
Will there be dog poop containers or can we just cover it up wif sand?

A lot of considerate people carry their own doo doo bags and those of us that don't like stepping in appreciate that. If you need doo doo bags for Fido, I will be happy to provide them for you.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Long range weather forecast is sunny and 70 :buddies:

Some additional vendors: Wags n Winnies pet sitters, Kiss my Dog costumes, the Bag Hag, Voodoo shack Jewelry.
$25 microchipping form 2-4 and and "Ask the Vet" session.
Contests start at 3; preregistration required;
Best Costume, Pet & owner lookk alike, Most wags per minute

Take a right on Maltby street for parking.

Last edited: