3rd world city

Kinnakeet

A majority of the roads in and around the Capitol have armed military personal blocking off roads I am a little pissed off at this this is something that I would only see in a 3rd world country not in AMERICA I think the Demorats are over reacting as no one will be there to see if joe can repeat after me next Wednesday.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
A majority of the roads in and around the Capitol have armed military personal blocking off roads I am a little pissed off at this this is something that I would only see in a 3rd world country not in AMERICA I think the Demorats are over reacting as no one will be there to see if joe can repeat after me next Wednesday.

It's not over-reaction.

It's a calculated, strategic stage show!

Hijinx

I think I saw somewhere that as many as 20,000 troops are out there.
Locking the door after the cows have escaped.
They knew in advance that trouble makers were planning on some type of action at the Capitol and they let it happen so they could make this very show of force. It's an attempt to frighten anyone who might object to the democrat coup.

MSally

It's not over-reaction.

It's a calculated, strategic stage show!
Yep, after Trumpers acted like they want a third world country where the losers of elections attack our congress the feds calculated a strategic show of force to prevent it from happening again.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm okay with cordoning off DC. If it were up to me I'd dig a moat around the city and shoot to kill anyone who tries to escape.

Do NYC and LA, too. Chicago definitely. Probably Baltimore and St. Louis.

Air drop them supplies every now and then and watch them fight over it.

black dog

Free America

I was 10 in 1968 and our father drove us around DC during the riots. It was years before I understood what it really meant to have Marines with beltfeds on the Capitol steps.
I find it interesting that what a hundred unarmed citizens scared the sh!t out of most elected officials...

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I was 10 in 1968 and our father drove us around DC during the riots. It was years before I understood what it really meant to have Marines with beltfeds on the Capitol steps.
:yay: Watched all that from just over the district line.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I find it interesting that what a hundred unarmed citizens scared the sh!t out of most elected officials...

Some tweeted out ....

Keep pissing us off, BLM Looted and Burned down Business ... we occupied the Capitol

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
Yep, after Trumpers acted like they want a third world country where the losers of elections attack our congress the feds calculated a strategic show of force to prevent it from happening again.
Shooting an unarmed woman in the throat wasn't enough to satisfy your blood lust? Tsk, tsk, poor you. I can picture you now, shooting up a school because the children's parents 'might' be Trump supporters. :crazy:

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
Hogan is a Fed now?

"Gov. Hogan announced Tuesday he is doubling then number of Maryland National Guards members being sent to Washington, D.C. – upping the ante from 500 members to 1,000."

WheezyCarl

I think I saw somewhere that as many as 20,000 troops are out there.
Locking the door after the cows have escaped.
They knew in advance that trouble makers were planning on some type of action at the Capitol and they let it happen so they could make this very show of force. It's an attempt to frighten anyone who might object to the democrat coup.
Changing up the subject a bit. I love visiting DC in the winter months. Less crowds, people are friendlier because it's not sweltering hot outside (my interpretation). Now all of this BS is happening and I will not go anywhere DC. Saddens me greatly.

Hijinx

Changing up the subject a bit. I love visiting DC in the winter months. Less crowds, people are friendlier because it's not sweltering hot outside (my interpretation). Now all of this BS is happening and I will not go anywhere DC. Saddens me greatly.
Add to that: The Museums are closed, the Washington Monument is closed. and there isn't much else open.

Hijinx

Hogan instituted this call up of the Maryland National Guard.
They were not called up by federals.
Who is paying them?

Reactions: BOP