4 bodies recovered from ATV crash

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Yep... it gets even better.. I kept asking Ford for flashlight batterys so my shift partner and I could see at night working the pipeline and measuring tanks. I called him on his cell twice when he was goofing off at Doc's telling him to get a case of D batterys while you are there for us. He blew me off for months..
And then word went around that I tig welded adult stainless steel products in my shop at home, Ford called me in his office and told he that he had spent hours searching on the internet looking for my website that sold adult products but he was unable to find it. He wanted to know if it was true because working for NuStar we had certain lifestyle agreements that I might be in breach of. I replied Are you fuc&ing kidding me Ford? Do you really want to travel that road with me?
Or did your girlfriend order an attachment for her harness that shes unhappy with?? I said you have hearsay about me, And you just admitted you spent hours the last few nights looking at adult websites looking for things you think i'm building. How about we talk about the lesbian her openly gay husband that work in the office..
He started to back up with our conversation really fast... He was stuttering... He could put that lid back on that can if he tried that afternoon.
I put my notice in a few months later and he said a woman from HR would be calling me for an exit interview. I said Ford, do you really want me to talk to this woman about why i'm leaving?
he looked at his desk and said, no I do not, it wouldn't look good will it. I said don't worry Ford, I wouldn't answer the phone. And I didn't.

D is good guy, All the guys I worked with were a good bunch of guys. A couple were F'ing comedians. The shop mechanic and the young gay ( manager?) in the office were both dickheads.
When you mention Chiefs on here, it makes me want a meatloaf sammich from there.

Before NuStar bought the place, Ford would send all sorts of repair jobs to my shop on the island. After NuStar took over he wasn't allowed to do that..had to jump through new hoops and only deal with "pre-approved" vendors, get multiple quotes, yadda yadda.. Never saw another bit of business from that place.

Did you know Roy Goddard? He was one of the many that NuStar gave retirement packages to to get them out the door as they were winding down operations. D, being too young for retirement, was offered the position he has now, up the road at the air base. Unfortunately, Roy passed away last year....retirement didn't suit him very well.

I used to lease 1/3rd of the big hangar that was off to the right of the first left-hand jog of the main road going in to the faciility. That was one of several properties that the Steuarts sold separately when they sold off the facilities some 20 years ago or so.

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
Before NuStar bought the place, Ford would send all sorts of repair jobs to my shop on the island. After NuStar took over he wasn't allowed to do that..had to jump through new hoops and only deal with "pre-approved" vendors, get multiple quotes, yadda yadda.. Never saw another bit of business from that place.

Did you know Roy Goddard? He was one of the many that NuStar gave retirement packages to to get them out the door as they were winding down operations. D, being too young for retirement, was offered the position he has now, up the road at the air base. Unfortunately, Roy passed away last year....retirement didn't suit him very well.

I used to lease 1/3rd of the big hangar that was off to the right of the first left-hand jog of the main road going in to the faciility. That was one of several properties that the Steuarts sold separately when they sold off the facilities some 20 years ago or so.

There was two old men that worked there at that time, The man that whittled and carved birds and decoys and another old guy that mostly mowed and did weed control. I believe that both like the Salesman had worked there since they were kids. And I think Ford was there a long time also. I think the guy you are talking about mowed grass.
It was an interesting place for sure, some of it they were in a paradigm of decades ago. It was run completely different that any other NuStar fuel storage. It was the only plant in the country that still works 8 hour shifts. It was like some of them didn't understand they could be home more with working 12's..
The office manager issued me a gas detector for being around hot asphalt ( Hydrogen Sulfide if i remember correctly )
He handed me this mini detector to clip on my hardhat and walked away. I followed him into his office and asked him twice for the instruction book that came with it, he ignored me and I had to get the instructions online.
I didn't understand why NuStar bulldozed the homes that were on the property.

I tried a few times to tell Ford or the plant manager that I can do that, I shook my head at what he paid to have pressure pipe welded a few times. I told his I have a Miller Bobcat and my structural and pressure certs, I was talking to myself. I would have done it for gas and sticks on my regular shift. Oh well..

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Bigger question is: What will they eventually do with that property, period? It's purpose in life has become obsolete...it's an albatross around NuStar's neck..well..Valero's neck. But can you imagine the massive costs involved in trying to dismantle and clean up that facility so it could be sold for development??

Hijinx

Bigger question is: What will they eventually do with that property, period? It's purpose in life has become obsolete...it's an albatross around NuStar's neck..well..Valero's neck. But can you imagine the massive costs involved in trying to dismantle and clean up that facility so it could be sold for development??

The right people get it things will be smoothed out for them. This is St.Mary's County remember.

stgislander

PREMO Member
There was two old men that worked there at that time, The man that whittled and carved birds and decoys and another old guy that mostly mowed and did weed control. I believe that both like the Salesman had worked there since they were kids. And I think Ford was there a long time also. I think the guy you are talking about mowed grass.
It was an interesting place for sure, some of it they were in a paradigm of decades ago. It was run completely different that any other NuStar fuel storage. It was the only plant in the country that still works 8 hour shifts. It was like some of them didn't understand they could be home more with working 12's..
The office manager issued me a gas detector for being around hot asphalt ( Hydrogen Sulfide if i remember correctly )
He handed me this mini detector to clip on my hardhat and walked away. I followed him into his office and asked him twice for the instruction book that came with it, he ignored me and I had to get the instructions online.

I tried a few times to tell Ford or the plant manager that I can do that, I shook my head at what he paid to have pressure pipe welded a few times. I told his I have a Miller Bobcat and my structural and pressure certs, I was talking to myself. I would have done it for gas and sticks on my regular shift. Oh well..

That was Roy that mowed the grass.

black dog

Free America

It will be zillions, one line from the pier a 32" or 36" line back to the main manifold and then heads down the drive to the old front gate. I think it runs to the little block building between the tanks next to the old front gate?? hasn't been used for years, lots of dead grass above that line. D will know where it runs to.
What about the line to Chalk??? Almost 10 years ago Murant ran a camera pig through that line and then coated the inside of that pipeline with something. Word then at Chalk and Morgantown was Not Good.
I wonder if its not cheaper to upgrade and expand what they do with it. I would love to know the story on why it doesn't sell to Pax along with Johnny,Blacky and Sonny, and why it stopped storing gasoline.

black dog

Free America
The right people get it things will be smoothed out for them. This is St.Mary's County remember.

Are we talking about the same property? Its the State and Feds.
While I was there, one of the fixed roof tanks had a leaking floor in it. The company that replaced the floor cut a hole in the side of that tank big enough to drive an 8 series Bobcat through it and installed a new steel floor over the leaking floor, No test drilling, no soil mediation was done. Most of those tanks are about the same age.
It will be a Superfund Site if it closes and gets cleaned.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Thanks, He was a good old guy, even after I mowed all his grass that weekend. :jameo:

What was the mans name that carved decoys??? He is or was a talented man.

Should have an answer for you tomorrow. The only name that comes to mind is Tommy Deagle, but I'm not sure if he ever worked at NuStar.

black dog

Free America
Should have an answer for you tomorrow. The only name that comes to mind is Tommy Deagle, but I'm not sure if he ever worked at NuStar.

This older fellow had a nephew or a SIL that carved and hung out at Dee's store behind A&W and then down the street in the white house?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
This older fellow had a nephew or a SIL that carved and hung out at Dee's store behind A&W and then down the street in the white house?

That's going back a few years...by "Dee's" I'm assuming you meant the gun shop in back of the shopping center. But it should ring a bell and isn't. The only two well-known carvers I'm aware of in this hood are Deagle and Evans..

black dog

Free America
That's going back a few years...by "Dee's" I'm assuming you meant the gun shop in back of the shopping center. But it should ring a bell and isn't. The only two well-known carvers I'm aware of in this hood are Deagle and Evans..

I'm sure it was one of those older guys, That old man was impressive with a pen knife. He would sell little wood birds he carved to the tug boats captains.
Thats the gun store.. I was in there one day and he was on the phone looking for a new FN rifle for a customer, but he couldn't find one. One of the guys I grew up with was Director of Marketing with FN USA at that time, I called Rick and and was starting to ask him if they had this model in stock and Dee ran off the mouth he didnt need my help. I said never mind Ricky and hung up.
I went in one more time to get a few boxes of squid and that was the last time.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'm sure it was one of those older guys, That old man was impressive with a pen knife. He would sell little wood birds he carved to the tug boats captains.
Thats the gun store.. I was in there one day and he was on the phone looking for a new FN rifle for a customer, but he couldn't find one. One of the guys I grew up with was Director of Marketing with FN USA at that time, I called Rick and and was starting to ask him if they had this model in stock and Dee ran off the mouth he didnt need my help. I said never mind Ricky and hung up.
I went in one more time to get a few boxes of squid and that was the last time.

Yep...that's Dee alright.