4 Inspector Generals in 2 months

Chris0nllyn

Exactly. Something a cubicle dweller like you does not understand.

Sorry I couldn't hear you over my paycheck being deposited.

How many of your businesses failed?
Are you back to work yet?
Your employees have health insurance yet?

Or do you just play a successful business owner online?

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Do you not want the same? Does everyone who agrees with draining the swamp want the same? Wasn't Trump elected because people wanted something better?
Sure.

But politics is the art of the possible. And people will never stop being human (as opposed to Vulcan).

So I try to not look for the Utopian solution; rather, I try to figure out how to get the lesser of two evils (if - after looking at the problem - I realize getting "the good" or perfect is in a "too hard to do" box. And government is one of those "too hard to do" boxes). So I root Trump on (and pray for him and his team) to do as much good as he/they can because I look at this with full realization that what I ultimately want isn't achievable.

So how did I become this cynical? Or this much of a a realist? I can tell you I wish I could tell you about some of the travesties that took place at the direction of the (politically appointed) IG I worked for. Did I (and or my colleagues) push back? Yup, but one can only die on so many hills. While I had hoped it would work out differently I effectively suicided my career by finally finding a hill worth dying on. Was it worth it? Well, I can look myself in the mirror. But did my flag planting and hill dying accomplish anything? Nope.

This is why I became a realist. And this is why I opined what I did in my initial post to this thread.

P.S. As I noted in an earlier reply having a politically-appointed IG from the party not in the WH is a recipe for disaster. For the same reasons why the Founding Fathers got rid of the process where the losing presidential candidate became the winner's VP.

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:

UglyBear

Sorry I couldn't hear you over my welfare being deposited.

How many of your businesses failed?
Are you back to work yet?
Your employees have health insurance yet?

Or do you just play a successful business owner online?
Dude,
at least Gilligan tried, which is infinitely more respectable than sitting on your arse waiting for The Man to offer you a pittance.

And he tried many times, learned, picked himself up and tried again. Giving employment to many, many people who didn't have the fortitude and acumen to try to build a business from the ground up.

Read a book on entrepreneurship -- any decent book will tell you at the beginning that only 1 in 10 businesses will succeed, whatever industry. Low tech, high tech, whatever. The point to success is trying, over and over again, and even a failed business is of immense benefit to the economy.

Chris0nllyn

Dude,
at least Gilligan tried, which is infinitely more respectable than sitting on your arse waiting for The Man to offer you a pittance.

And he tried many times, learned, picked himself up and tried again. Giving employment to many, many people who didn't have the fortitude and acumen to try to build a business from the ground up.

Read a book on entrepreneurship -- any decent book will tell you at the beginning that only 1 in 10 businesses will succeed, whatever industry. Low tech, high tech, whatever. The point to success is trying, over and over again, and even a failed business is of immense benefit to the economy.

Gilligan doesn't need your help.

He's a complete ******* to me and I chose to treat him the same.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Gilligan doesn't need your help.

He's a complete *** to me and I chose to treat him the same.

The difference being ..one of us has accomplished something (and owned at least 6 different businesses)..and the other is a cubie dweller kid.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

There there...