4 Lessons We Can Learn From The Despicable Smear Campaign Against The Covington Catholic Students

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
2) White teenaged boys are not evil.

I don't mean to spike the football here. I've spoken too soon on many occasions in the past. But I held my tongue on this one when I first heard about it because I don't actually think that white teenaged boys generally behave like the villains in a socially conscious cartoon. It's not impossible that a roving gang of Catholic school boys might surround and harass a group of peaceful Native Americans, but it does seem rather unlikely. When I saw the first out of context video, I figured there had to be more to the story. So, I said nothing and waited for the rest of the facts to surface.

A lot of people had no problem accepting the narrative that was first presented because they really do think — or, more precisely, want to think — that white boys carry on this way routinely. These are mostly the same people who ate up every rumor and accusation against Kavanaugh because they desperately want to believe that privileged white teenagers go around casually gang raping women for sport. These false narratives tell us nothing at all about young white men, but they do tell us something very disturbing about the members of the left-wing pitchfork mob. Namely, that these people hate white men. Hate them. Especially Christian ones. And that's why some of them, even after finding out the whole story, still justified their reaction on the basis that the sight of a white teenager's face "causes a visceral reaction."

4 Lessons We Can Learn From The Despicable Smear Campaign Against The Covington Catholic Students