4 on 4...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
First off, #8's second goal of the evening was ridiculous.

Second, it just this evening dawned on me reg season OT is 4 on 4. :stupid:

Third, shootouts are ghey. I love the 4 on 4. Play that for 5 minutes, switch ends, 5 more then call it a tie.

:buddies:

Black-Francis

Third, shootouts are ghey. I love the 4 on 4. Play that for 5 minutes, switch ends, 5 more then call it a tie.

I agree Larry....I hate shootouts.

Beta84

They're out to get us
the NHL needs to fix the system a little. It's kinda silly that an "OTL" is 1 point and a win is 2 points. A team who LOSES the game gets 1 point less than a team who wins 8-0. It should be 3 points for a win, 1 for an "OTL" or tie, whichever way they decide to break it down. I haven't been a big fan of the NHL shootouts either. 4 on 4 was a nice change to overtime though. I think they did that before they started with shootouts.

Quick question for those who pay attention: when teams go down to 4 on 4, do they typically remove an offensive or defensive player from the ice? Or does it depend on the team or situation?

Baz

This. ------------------>
Quick question for those who pay attention: when teams go down to 4 on 4, do they typically remove an offensive or defensive player from the ice? Or does it depend on the team or situation?

Typically a forward is removed. However, if a team gets a powerplay during OT, it's not uncommon to deploy 3 forwards and one D.

LordStanley

I know nothing

the NHL needs to fix the system a little. It's kinda silly that an "OTL" is 1 point and a win is 2 points. A team who LOSES the game gets 1 point less than a team who wins 8-0. It should be 3 points for a win, 1 for an "OTL" or tie, whichever way they decide to break it down. I haven't been a big fan of the NHL shootouts either. 4 on 4 was a nice change to overtime though. I think they did that before they started with shootouts.

I dont understand the problem here... If the game is tied after the end of regulation, each team gets a point.... Which they deserve since neither team "lost". They play overtime for the extra point....

Dont like the extra point??? Then get rid of overtime all together. If the game ends in a tie, than all they get is a point each.

I for one love the shoot out... especially when both goalies are hot and your 13 rounds into it!!! You get to see the non-superstars try and win one for the team.

Many times that extra point has helped teams while trying to get into the playoffs. Hell, your beloved Caps wouldnt have such a commanding lead of the east it it wasnt for thier 9 OTL points...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I dont understand the problem here... If the game is tied after the end of regulation, each team gets a point.... Which they deserve since neither team "lost". They play overtime for the extra point....

Dont like the extra point??? Then get rid of overtime all together. If the game ends in a tie, than all they get is a point each.

I for one love the shoot out... especially when both goalies are hot and your 13 rounds into it!!! You get to see the non-superstars try and win one for the team.

Many times that extra point has helped teams while trying to get into the playoffs. Hell, your beloved Caps wouldnt have such a commanding lead of the east it it wasnt for thier 9 OTL points...

Shoot outs, soccer, hockey, it's a whole other game. It's like settling football with a field goal exhibition or a poker hand by playing Indian. :lol:

I'd go with getting rid of OT regular season.