4 women aged 14-18 at the time accuse Roy Moore of sexual assault.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I despise John McCain. So much so that I dumped the GOP because of him. He epitomizes everything I hate about politicians and how they eff up our country. As long as he is the elder statesman of that party, they completely suck as far as I'm concerned. I can't think why Arizona keeps sending him back.

His obnoxious daughter can take a hike, too.

He epitomizes what happens to politicians that have held their seat for so long that they come to believe they are more important than the laws and constitution they swore to protect.

PsyOps

Pixelated
You obviously haven't been paying attention as Moore has been suspended from his duties twice once for not fulfilling his duties and once for 6 counts of violation of judicial ethics.

Have you seen how many actors have lost their jobs. Weinstein is off to rehab. Why aren't you defending them? I agree he should be given a fair trial but he seems to corroborate some of the stories himself when he said he always asked their mothers for permission.

Defend Weinstein? Weinstein has admitted to his sexual transgressions. He went to therapy to address them.

Moore should be given a fair trial? He hasn't even been charged with any crime. There are a lot of things that I take issue with Moore about; especially his radical stance on gays. These are real issues people should be talking about. But those things weren't enough to keep him from winning the nomination; so democrats had to launch a dirty smear campaign with what appear to be false allegations.

I will never defend anyone who rapes children. I will never defend anyone who sexually violates anyone. But this is a country where all of us are innocent until proven guilty, and we should not have to stop living our lives are we desire just because the optics of something are uncomfortable. What is John McCain or you or any of these other Moore detractors going to have to say about themselves if it turns out all of these accusations are false?

Last edited:

Hijinx

What is John McCain or you or any of these other Moore detractors going to have to say about themselves if it turns out all of these accusations are false?

They wont say anything they will have defeated him using it and will go on to use it again when they get the need.

SamSpade

They wont say anything they will have defeated him using it and will go on to use it again when they get the need.

The optics of being accused of a crime can be almost as damaging as being found guilty of the crime.

I believe I've told the story here, previously, about a roommate of mine that was falsely accused of rape by his former girlfriend.
He was arrested from our home and taken out in cuffs - the whole neighborhood saw it, and the local paper printed the basics.
Within 24 hours the charges were dropped, as his former girlfriend's story fell apart and it became painfully obvious that her bruises came from her violent CURRENT boyfriend.

Everyone in town knew where "the rapist" lived. We eventually moved.

PsyOps

Pixelated
The optics of being accused of a crime can be almost as damaging as being found guilty of the crime.

I believe I've told the story here, previously, about a roommate of mine that was falsely accused of rape by his former girlfriend.
He was arrested from our home and taken out in cuffs - the whole neighborhood saw it, and the local paper printed the basics.
Within 24 hours the charges were dropped, as his former girlfriend's story fell apart and it became painfully obvious that her bruises came from her violent CURRENT boyfriend.

Everyone in town knew where "the rapist" lived. We eventually moved.

I know a guy that his 2 stepsons accused him of molesting them 10 years earlier. Even though these 2 were adults at the time they accused him, child protective services went to the police and he was arrested and charged. There was no evidence this ever happened. No police reports, no medical reports, no investigation, no evidence gathered at the man's home. The mother never saw it happen. She sided on her husband. Regardless of all of that, it was dragged into court. Tens of thousands of dollars spent in his defense, his reputation ruined. One of the cases was dropped. The other went to trial and he was found not guilty.

This is why I am so adamant about Moore's situation; that we just can't go around deeming people guilty like this. It's all-too-easy to falsely accuse someone of this sort of thing and not have any evidence at all, and ruin lives.

Midnightrider

I know a guy that his 2 stepsons accused him of molesting them 10 years earlier. Even though these 2 were adults at the time they accused him, child protective services went to the police and he was arrested and charged. There was no evidence this ever happened. No police reports, no medical reports, no investigation, no evidence gathered at the man's home. The mother never saw it happen. She sided on her husband. Regardless of all of that, it was dragged into court. Tens of thousands of dollars spent in his defense, his reputation ruined. One of the cases was dropped. The other went to trial and he was found not guilty.

This is why I am so adamant about Moore's situation; that we just can't go around deeming people guilty like this. It's all-too-easy to falsely accuse someone of this sort of thing and not have any evidence at all, and ruin lives.

How do two kids/step kids end up accusing their dad of abuse if there is nothing to it? What was in it for them if it wasn’t true?

SamSpade

And it really shouldn't be. Do we have such a breakable justice system that one judge will throw a case out - and another will bring it in?
Don't we need a minimum threshold of proof before someone goes to court?

PsyOps

Pixelated
How do two kids/step kids end up accusing their dad of abuse if there is nothing to it? What was in it for them if it wasn’t true?

I'm not going into any more detail than I've given. They had a motive. But, go ahead and glaze over the central point, which is that it's really easy in these legal times to simply accuse someone of something with no evidence and ruin their life.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Don't we need a minimum threshold of proof before someone goes to court?

Shouldn't there be a minimum standard of proof, other than a simple accusation, in order to even arrest someone and charge them for a crime? In this case, the police or CPS didn't do any investigation at all. They didn't go to this man's home and seize his computers or any other potential evidence, they didn't even question HIM. No police reports or complaints from 10 years prior, no medical evidence. The kids' mother didn't even believe them.

Hijinx

You have never seen stepkids who hate their mother's new husband?
What do they get out of it? Exactly what they want disruption ,revenge against the stepdad and and their mother.

Midnightrider

I'm not going into any more detail than I've given. They had a motive. But, go ahead and glaze over the central point, which is that it's really easy in these legal times to simply accuse someone of something with no evidence and ruin their life.
I get your point, but the flip side is that sexual abuse is often not reported because the victim feels they won’t be believed.
Shouldn't there be a minimum standard of proof, other than a simple accusation, in order to even arrest someone and charge them for a crime? In this case, the police or CPS didn't do any investigation at all. They didn't go to this man's home and seize his computers or any other potential evidence, they didn't even question HIM. No police reports or complaints from 10 years prior, no medical evidence. The kids' mother didn't even believe them.

I’m still not getting what the payoff is for making a false accusation 10 years later. :shrug:

Hijinx

I get your point, but the flip side is that sexual abuse is often not reported because the victim feels they won’t be believed.

I’m still not getting what the payoff is for making a false accusation 40 years later. :shrug:

15 Minutes of fame and $1,000 dollars from the Washington Post.

PsyOps

Pixelated

This is an absolute fact. And to make it clear, I'm not dismissing whether these allegations are true or not. I'm just fed up with people choosing to believe something is true with no facts at all, simply because they want to believe it's true. Where are these people with Menendez and demanding he step down; I mean, if accusations are enough?

I’m still not getting what the payoff is for making a false accusation 10 years later. :shrug:

Is it possible these people were either paid off or politically motivated? One of them work for Hillary and is a big democrat donor. Come on... sitting on this for 40 years, then suddenly four weeks from an election? Really? These are the same people that were willing to pay millions for a fake dossier.

Midnightrider

This is an absolute fact. And to make it clear, I'm not dismissing whether these allegations are true or not. I'm just fed up with people choosing to believe something is true with no facts at all, simply because they want to believe it's true. Where are these people with Menendez and demanding he step down; I mean, if accusations are enough?

Is it possible these people were either paid off or politically motivated? One of them work for Hillary and is a big democrat donor. Come on... sitting on this for 40 years, then suddenly four weeks from an election? Really? These are the same people that were willing to pay millions for a fake dossier.

I get what the payoff might be in the Moore case, I was talking about your example. :yay: