Childcare

WorkinMomma

Can anyone out there recommend Child Care. I have an Infant son trying hard to find someone I can trust and who is dependable........................................
Anyone with recommendations???

J

justhangn

Originally posted by WorkinMomma
Can anyone out there recommend Child Care. I have an Infant son trying hard to find someone I can trust and who is dependable........................................
Anyone with recommendations???

What area are you in??

K

Kain99

Creative beginings was pretty good back when my babies were little. But that was 13 years ago.

The Best Daycare I ever had them in was Sunshine Daycare in Leonardtown. I'mnot sure if they accept only hospital staff now or not. You can give em a call.

If your looking for an in home Mommy: Annette Quade comes highly recomended by my sister in law. She is pretty close to Mechanicsville. If your interested PM me for her phone #

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Kain99
The Best Daycare I ever had them in was Sunshine Daycare in Leonardtown. I'mnot sure if they accept only hospital staff now or not. You can give em a call.
I don't think so. My friend that lives back there has her two sons there and is very happy with it.

mrs potts

Little Hearts Day Care in Mechanicsville is also very good! My daughter is in a private Pre-K program, but still goes there where school is out. She loves it!

The owner is wonderful!

Good Luck!

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Suggestions

I personally prefer home daycare for infants and younger children. More one-on-one care I think. My daughter went to a great home daycare provider on the way to Pax until she turned 2 - now she goes to Prep and Play preschool in Hollywood and loves it. I used to work there a while back, and they're really wonderful and have a good program. I'd be happy to give you my old home daycare provider's info. if you'd like, she is licensed.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Re: Suggestions

Originally posted by laureng
I personally prefer home daycare for infants and younger children. More one-on-one care I think. My daughter went to a great home daycare provider on the way to Pax until she turned 2 - now she goes to Prep and Play preschool in Hollywood and loves it. I used to work there a while back, and they're really wonderful and have a good program. I'd be happy to give you my old home daycare provider's info. if you'd like, she is licensed.
And my daugther was in the same class as Lauren's. She is still there now and absolutley loves it, therefore so do I. :biggrin:
P.S. Our girls still play together away from school.

K

Kizzy

At one time, I believed in the one on one daycare over a center. But after an incident two years ago, I feel much differently now. Our babysitter had been sick with a cold. It seemed harmless enough and she had been at the doctors a few days before and received antibiotics. In the morning, the parents dropped their kids off as usual, but when my husband got there, he found somebody who was suffering from septicemia (which is when infection enters the bloodstream). The front door was wide open and the temperature in the house was above 90 degrees. She had two gas heaters blowing on her and she was knocked out. She was rushed to the hospital where she stayed for the next 4 months. I had no choice at that point to put my son in a center. I am sure any reasonable person can sit back and imagine what could have happened. Now, I feel much more confident with the center situation. I am not trying to scare you, just something to consider. If you lived in Charles County, I would recommend CCFD.

mrs potts

Yes, Little Hearts takes infants. The owner has them upstairs away from the bigger kids.

Good Luck! I know it is hard to find good quality childcare for infants!

watercolor

yeah yeah
Re: Suggestions

Originally posted by laureng

Prep and Play is wonderful!! I use to work at Creative Beginnings 2 years ago, and I dont recommend it. Neither do I recommend Starmaker. My boss has her youngest going there, the teachers are great. But the woman who runs it is aweful. UGH!

I would also recommend a home day care for an infant. But I do recommend Bay Montessori on Willows road. They are wonderful.

YaDa

I havent heard good things about TLC in Mechanicsville either. Ecspecially in the infant room teachers and aides. Just something to think about.

bbubblyb

http://www.southernmarylandchildcareresourcecenter.com/for_families1ae.html

You can find the number to call for the referral service which is really really nice. They locate your area and then give you names, numbers, addresses and prices about daycare providers. I found my current provider through them and she has been so wonderful to my daughter. She even gives my son treats in the afternoon when we pick my daughter up when he has been good in school. She is full for infants right now but I'm sure the referral service can help you find someone. Good luck I know it's a stressful process.

My son went to creative beginnings. It was a very nice place but very expensive. He also seemed to get sick often. He was 4 when he started there so not sure of the infant room. The infant waiting list there is pretty long too, it's $200 a week for an infant which I think is outrageous.