Nearby Resorts?

S

ShellyCW

Can anyone tell me if there are any nearby resorts? We're looking to go away for the weekend and want a quiet resort with spa, indoor swimming, gameroom, one or two inhouse restaurant/bars, etc. I tried doing a search on the internet, but that is mostly useless. Any suggestions will be warmly welcomed. :biggrin:

Mountain MaMa

WV bound
Berkeley Springs WV. Check Coolfont. The whole town is full of spas and antiques stores. Beautiful area. Try Tara's for great food.

S

ShellyCW

Definitely no kids, hopefully not many at the resort either.
Anything up to 3 or 3 & 1/2 hours away is our max.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Mountain MaMa
Berkeley Springs WV. Check Coolfont. The whole town is full of spas and antiques stores. Beautiful area.
Good idea! Great minds think alike. :wink: Check out the link in my post above or click here.
Try Tara's for great food.
Tara's is the BOMB! :yay: I've eaten there several times and it is ALWAYS first rate. And desserts to die for. :yum:

Last edited:

SmallTown

Football season!
Well, not exactly a resort, but the five gables inn and spa is a very nice weekend retreat.. especially now that its colder because you can now utilize the in room fireplaces.. HIGHLY recommended for couples looking to get away.

H

Heretic

Its near your limit but check out things in the Blue Ridge Mountains in VA. Virginia has a tourism website but I cant for the life of me remember it.

SeaRide

Wintergreen Resort in VA

http://www.wintergreenresort.com/

- Check out the spa treatment menu.
- More than five restaurants.
- aerobics studio, indoor and outdoor pools, hot tubs, steam rooms, and saunas.
- game room
- gallery of shops
- plenty outdoor activities
- 3 hrs drive from Washington DC

S

ShellyCW

Originally posted by SeaRide
I guess Ceasar Poconos Resorts in PA is out of question?

Well, I'm originally from right outside the Poconos. I want to explore the MarVA/WV area if possible. My husband just doesn't want to drive 5 hours. :rolleyes: