MD Route 235 - A Neverending Saga

MDindef

:burning:

Anyone know what the deal is with 235? I have many questions:

1) Just how long are those orange barrels going to stay on the road while no one is doing anything!

2) Who put those concrete patches in asphalt in the south-bound lanes? After about two weeks, several of them were worn down into potholes! I knocked my front end out of alignment because I forgot about that one just south of the road that goes to the theaters. (It was dark.) Now I have a massive "toe-out" on my van to fix.

3) When are they going to put down some reflective stripes so that drivers can actually see the lines on a rainy night? Doesn't anyone care about my safety?

4) Who is responsible for letting this go on so long? Miles of blocked-off road for months on end with absolutely nothing happening in those "contruction zones." And when there are people working, they're putting in "decorative brick" in the median instead of finishing the road! Did our present county commisioners have anything to do with this debacle?

J

justhangn

Originally posted by MDindef

Anyone know what the deal is with 235? I have many questions:

1) Just how long are those orange barrels going to stay on the road while no one is doing anything!

2) Who put those concrete patches in asphalt in the south-bound lanes? After about two weeks, several of them were worn down into potholes! I knocked my front end out of alignment because I forgot about that one just south of the road that goes to the theaters. (It was dark.) Now I have a massive "toe-out" on my van to fix.

3) When are they going to put down some reflective stripes so that drivers can actually see the lines on a rainy night? Doesn't anyone care about my safety?

4) Who is responsible for letting this go on so long? Miles of blocked-off road for months on end with absolutely nothing happening in those "contruction zones." And when there are people working, they're putting in "decorative brick" in the median instead of finishing the road! Did our present county commisioners have anything to do with this debacle?

Cheese, is there ANY cheese in the house to go with all of this whine????? :bubble:

SmallTown

Football season!
The road work here is taking quite awhile. Hopefully they will get their act together and finish..

You think this has been going on for awhile, any of you driven to virginia beach is say, oh, the last 10 years? Seems like the SAME stretch of I-64 has been under construction for at least a decade.. ughh

And how about the mixing bowl up around springfield? They are completely overhauling that area and it is one huge mess.. They say at one part there, the beltway could be as large at 18 lanes.. And you will STILL have people in the far left lane trying to get over so they can get off the exit less than a 1/4 mile away

J

justhangn

you must be a contruction worker...

LMFAO Actually, it's your endless whining about your poor driving abilities that prompted my response.

It's YOUR job to drive in a safe manner, this includes NOT hitting potholes.

What did YOU do before they put the reflectors on the road? Did you drive around aimlessly between the grasses on each side of the road??

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Soozie
i must say it seems much quieter in here than in passed months when i used to just read these.
Secret bannings.:wink:

J

justhangn

Originally posted by Sharon
Secret bannings.:wink:

Bannings........we are being banned now.........can I request what is written on my new ankle ban?? :confused:

SeaRide

The state highway admin is probably responsible for some of it. If I have to compare the construction on RT235 and the construction on Suitland Parkway, I would say that the Suitland Parkway takes TOO LONG for few miles of road. The only diff is that the Suitland parkway is federal owned and must be built to the federal code. It took more than 14 years for the Suiltland parkway to be completed. I guess with my commuting experience on Rt 235 is nothing compared to Suitland parkway.
Just my pennies..

MDindef

Originally posted by justhangn

endless whining

What are you talking about??? I'd have to go a lot further to be in the "endless" whining category. "Whining," I'll admit to.:bawl:

You know, if you're not careful, you might hurt someone's feelings.

Hey, of course it's my fault, but any doofus in construction work should have been able to avoid this shoddy work.

As for the lines in the road, a person pretty much tries to stay in the right area of the road, but with lane shifts, no lines, multiple lanes and a wet road with car headlights right in your face, anyone would have to say it's a little hard to see.

I can only attribute your comments to "trying to be funny," because I'm sure you and everyone else knows what I'm talking about. C'mon, admit it...don't those construction barrels bum your trip even a little bit?

SeaRide

Yes, I am sure many of us don't like the construction on the road. My biggest concern is having the road fixed or prepared for the wintery driving. If I see that orange barrel in my lane, I would hit it out of the way. I don't know about others but I would not panic and swerve my pickup truck to hit someone else just because of the orange barrel being in the wrong spot. IF we do ever get snow on the road, would the plow truck(s) damage the uneven pavement? We shall see...

Last edited:
J

justhangn

What are you talking about??? I'd have to go a lot further to be in the "endless" whining category. "Whining," I'll admit to.:bawl:

You know, if you're not careful, you might hurt someone's feelings.

Hey, of course it's my fault, but any doofus in construction work should have been able to avoid this shoddy work.

As for the lines in the road, a person pretty much tries to stay in the right area of the road, but with lane shifts, no lines, multiple lanes and a wet road with car headlights right in your face, anyone would have to say it's a little hard to see.

I can only attribute your comments to "trying to be funny," because I'm sure you and everyone else knows what I'm talking about. C'mon, admit it...don't those construction barrels bum your trip even a little bit?

1st off, be a man and stop your sniveling, you’re an embarrassment to the rest of us men.

2nd SLOW DOWN if the big unmarked lanes are too much for you to navigate.

3rd I’m not trying to be funny at all, I’m just stating the facts as I see them.

I personally avoid Lexington ghetto Park as much as possible. We have all traversed construction sites on the roads and will for the rest of our lives. With a little effort and attention, you and any other able minded person, can get through it without smacking a jersey wall or any other kind of road hazard.

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by SeaRide
I don't know about others but I would not panic and swerve my pickup truck to hit someone else just because of the orange barrel being in the wrong spot. IF we do ever get snow on the road, would the plow truck(s) damage the uneven pavement? We shall see...

Not sure about the ones here, but back home the barrels would be full of sand and in some cases concrete (they claimed in order to keep the barrels stable during storms). So unless you're driving a tank, I wouldn't suggest hitting them unless you know for sure they are JUST barrels and nothing in them. Anyone know about the ones here?

J

justhangn

Originally posted by SmallTown

Not sure about the ones here, but back home the barrels would be full of sand and in some cases concrete (they claimed in order to keep the barrels stable during storms). So unless you're driving a tank, I wouldn't suggest hitting them unless you know for sure they are JUST barrels and nothing in them. Anyone know about the ones here?

Empty plastic barrels with a sand bag in the bottom.........at least that's what I saw when someone had ran one over. :lol:

MDindef

You're having fun with this, aren't you "torch..."

I am interested in realistic opinions though, and yours is valid. I already drive well on the streets, with no tickets or chargeable accidents since I was 19 years old. But my driving skill doesn't just end with being a responsible driver on the state's highways. I also having road-course and oval (dirt-track - local style) racing experience, and have done fairly well, until an unfortunate need for surgery ended my "racing-for-fun" and flying (USN) careers at the same time.

Having said that, I will say slowing down is a valid point, and I do that. But as far as being a man, (which has nothing to do with the subject of this thread) I'll have to say I've done more manly things with my time than many people, and I'm satisfied with my status in that regard. What about you, torch? How's your network admin work going? :snooze: I can see it keeps you busy.

In the meantime, I still insist that there are safety related issues on this highway in Lexington Park. Anyone have any real comments to make, or will there be more flames from flame-boy?

Last edited:

watercolor

yeah yeah
I think you all are gonna just have to sit tight and quit getting your panties in a wad. The construction on the roads from what I understand will not be done until late 2004 or early 2005. So just sit tight and deal with it.
You have dealt with it this long, and not died of stress from the orange barriers....I know it stinks but there is notta you can do. Unless you wanna go and join the crews and put on a orange vest yourself and strart your jackhammer up.

So if ya really wanna complain, go to the food chain that deals with it, known as the board of commisioners and the dept. of transportation :razz:

Where are my sweet pills....hello? anyone?