Question

calokie

Is there a company around here that will buy your car if you don't want it anymore? We have a vehicle that runs great but has a lot of miles and just want to sell it cheap and without hassel. We would sell it for $500.00 as is if someone wanted it. We do not want to pay for the inspection to sell it. Any suggestions? Thanks.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Try the classifieds here, they're free. If that doesn't work there's a carmax in Laurel. They're pretty resonable.

redfish

You could donate it. There's an outfit up Rt 235 that takes cars and boats, but you'd only be able to write off the blue-book value (I think) and save 20-30% of that in taxes, depending on your situation. So if the car's only worth $500, anything over $150 cash in hand is better.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by calokie
Is there a company around here that will buy your car if you don't want it anymore? We have a vehicle that runs great but has a lot of miles and just want to sell it cheap and without hassel. We would sell it for $500.00 as is if someone wanted it. We do not want to pay for the inspection to sell it. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Do a Blue Book search on it http://www.kbb.com/ find a reasonable price for it and put a "for sale" sign on it. Sell it as is and you don't need to worry about an inspection, though if it does pass one you can get more for it.

MDindef

Originally posted by redfish
You could donate it. There's an outfit up Rt 235 that takes cars and boats, but you'd only be able to write off the blue-book value (I think) and save 20-30% of that in taxes, depending on your situation. So if the car's only worth $500, anything over $150 cash in hand is better.

United Cerebral Palsy or the Muscular Dystrophy Foundation takes donated vehicles. I think there's an MDF just north of the Hollywood Fire Department on Rt 235.

calokie

Thanks for the info everyone. Heck we are more than ready to just give it away. We bought two new vehicles and have no use for this one. I will check into the donation info you have given. Thanks again.