Photgraphers

watercolor

yeah yeah
Ok Oldies but Goodies, or anyone else who wants to open their trap. :lol:

I am looking for a photographer in the area, or at least in the calvert/charles/st marys area that can do the wedding. I have called 2 people already.

Photographs by Shannon and Hepp Studio's

Know anything on those two? Any feedback on those would be greatly appreciated.

Since some of you are spongy with the 'known' people in this area, I thought you might be able to tell me the real rag on them. But in either case, I am looking. Those two are not my only choices, I am totally open to suggestions...

Thanks guys/gals :kiss:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Summer

Everytime you ask this question I wish I could remember who we used. They were the absolute best although somewhat $$$ expensive. The pics were so good that we had to choose which ones we could live without in our albums.

He and his son were at my house in the AM shooting, then went off to the church with the guys to take more photos. They even set up a small studio in one of the rooms at the country club for more photos of friends and family that we wanted to include.

Maybe you should ask John who it was, if I hear the name then I will remember. The studio was in Waldorf near the post office that I do remember.

SxyPrincess

WC,

May I suggest getting a professional photographer to take the normal wedding party pics at the church and reception and also, put a disposable camera on everyone's seat/table at the reception. Have all the guests take pictures throughout the night.

Two friends of mine did this on their wedding day and had the most memorable pictures ever. The best ones were halfway thru the reception when everyone was drunk, all the girls were falling, dresses over their heads. :lol: No professional is gonna shoot those "quality" pics. :biggrin:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by watercolor23
Ok Oldies but Goodies, or anyone else who wants to open their trap. :lol:

I am looking for a photographer in the area, or at least in the calvert/charles/st marys area that can do the wedding. I have called 2 people already.

Photographs by Shannon and Hepp Studio's

Know anything on those two? Any feedback on those would be greatly appreciated.

Since some of you are spongy with the 'known' people in this area, I thought you might be able to tell me the real rag on them. But in either case, I am looking. Those two are not my only choices, I am totally open to suggestions...

Thanks guys/gals :kiss:

I'm using yourmostperfectday.com for photo/video. They're great, came to my house and showed me samples, and you get to keep all negatives!

tipsy mcgee

Always thirsty
Two in St. Mary's I can think of are Darren Farr and The Cusic family. I can't remember the father's name, but the daughter's name is Melinda. He does the basic wedding pictures. Darren Farr is pretty popular and has done a lot of the weddings I've been to and seems pretty good.

Erin

Photographers

Darrin Farrel is awesome. He is pretty busy, so I'd check for availability soon. He owens the company Images for over a decade. Wish I would have used him instead of a cheaper person who absolutesly stunk. Anyhow, try www.imagesbydarrin.com
Good luck, and congratulations!

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I had a friend who used Darrin before and I was there at the wedding. I can only hope he has gotten better in his photographic abilities. The pics were awful IMHO. But since they are divorced now I doubt they care about the wedding photos. :wink:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Sharon
I had a friend who used Darrin before and I was there at the wedding. I can only hope he has gotten better in his photographic abilities. The pics were awful IMHO. But since they are divorced now I doubt they care about the wedding photos. :wink:
My sister was sadly disappointed with his pix too. That was years ago, and she too divorced (coincidence?). I used a man that has since gone out of business, he did a fantastic job!

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by SxyPrincess
WC,

May I suggest getting a professional photographer to take the normal wedding party pics at the church and reception and also, put a disposable camera on everyone's seat/table at the reception. Have all the guests take pictures throughout the night.

Actually that is what we wanted. We wanted to hire the photographer for 2 hours only. 1 hour for church and 1 hour at reception and then put the camera's on the table...cause some of the best pictures come from the other people. :biggrin: but I do understand....:smile:

watercolor

yeah yeah
actually I called Images and spoke to Darrin. He was nice when I first talked to him, and then I mentioned that I was having my reception at the Breton Inn, and he was like "I dont like working there" and I was like omm ok...and scratched him off the list.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by otter

Alcohol at a wedding??? wow...

we are having a cash bar open for the cocktail hour, but then we will have the champagne toast and there will be bottles of wine on the table. My step dads side of the family is half arse drunk..and well some others that we know (his side of the family too) so that will cut down a little. But anyway.....

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I called Images and spoke to Darrin. I mentioned that I was having my reception at the Breton Inn, and he was like "I dont like working there"

How very unprofessional of him.:rolleyes:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by otter

Alcohol at a wedding??? wow...

I understand that Southern Baptists have no alcohol and no dancing at weddings. I don't know any Baptists myself.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Tonio where do you get this stuff from?

I was married in a Southern Baptist Church and we had alcohol and dancing.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by Sharon

How very unprofessional of him.:rolleyes:

Gee ya think?!:rolleyes: I mean you would think, that if you want the business, you would go. I was thinking, geeze what is wrong with these people:mad:

J

justhangn

Gee ya think?!:rolleyes: I mean you would think, that if you want the business, you would go. I was thinking, geeze what is wrong with these people:mad:

I guess they are too rich to use your money. :duh: