Books on WWII

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Who has read some good books on World War II that I can have my sons read for history. I'm looking for something that is accurate in facts that won't be too boring in details... or maybe something along the lines of a story based on a characters portrayal.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Hey Otter

Don't we have that one that Mr. B gave you to read??? Was that about WWII? I can't remember.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by pixiegirl
How old are they
17 years old, they love history, they love to read new material, and watch the history channel.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Sharon, I'll look thru my ton of books and see what I have. Know I have a couple books dealing with code breaking in WWII but not sure if I have any concerning battles/politics of that time frame. Will get back to ya tonight or tomorrow..

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Sharon
17 years old, they love history, they love to read new material, and watch the history channel.
Nothing wrong with that! :nerd:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Re: OH NO!

Originally posted by cattitude

Little Otters!!!
:lmao: :roflmao: :lmao: :roflmao:

~~~~~
Thanks Otter! I have a few books that I plan on getting from the military book club. It'll be hit or miss though and at the rate they read thru books I need all the ideas I can get.

Cracka

Most of what I have read has been on the naval battles of WWII and it was quite awhile ago that I read them,wish I could remember( gimme some Gingko Bilonka!!)all of the titles.Ones I liked particularly had to do with the Battle of Midway and The Battle of Savo Island.I don't know,to me any one involving the naval action is the most interesting but that's just me.I bought a book from the pilot of the Memphis Belle last year(his story),just started reading that and it seems good so far.