8 Mile

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Nope!

I'm in a wedding and the rehearsal/dinner was tonight and afterwards everyone was planning to go - but I didn't! I wanted to, but it was so late and I know I'd be in misery tomorrow if I didn't get enough sleep. I do want to see it though!

K

Kizzy

I wanna see that movie too! But I am going to take the kids to see Santa Clause II tonight. My hubby is going to a hockey game. :bawl:

watercolor

yeah yeah
We are going to see the SCII today or rather tonite with my parents...:smile: My mother and I are such christmas buffs.

AHHHHH! YAAY! Christmas is coming!!!!!!

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
I went to see 8 Mile last night, but it was sold out, so I watched SCII.

I laughed the whole way through. Greaty movie.

K

Kain99

OMG I just saw 8 Mile and It Rocked!!! This movie could have gone on another two hours and I would have been thrilled.

Thank you IM4change for talking me into doing a little research on this artist before keeping him banned from the house!

If this kid can make it anybody can! Now we should all pray that he makes it another few years before being shot by rivals.

K

Kizzy

I just saw 8 Mile and It Rocked!!!

Oh I am so jealous! I want to see that movie real bad, and now, I really want to see it. I will have to see if my sister is up to seeing that next weekend. :yay:

I did see Santa Clause II and it was good. Not as good as the first but good. The 3 year old didn't sit still, so it didn't keep his interest like Shrek, Monsters Inc., and a few others we have seen. So, I know he can sit still and watch a movie, this just wasn't the movie for his age bracket. The 7 year old thought it was good and said it gets a 3 1/2 star rating from him. :lol: He is such a wise guy!

Last edited by a moderator:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Kain, tell me about 8 Mile - is it something my 16 year old could see? Eminem's music is banned in our house - too many cusswords.

Also, IM, I LOVE your sig!!!!!

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Kain, tell me about 8 Mile - is it something my 16 year old could see? Eminem's music is banned in our house - too many cusswords.

Also, IM, I LOVE your sig!!!!!

Hey.. just saw 8 Mile tonight. Fantastic movie. As for whether it's okay for your 16 yo., it depends on his/her maturity level. There is some sexual content, only brief nudity, but I think it would make me uncomfortable to watch if I had my own kid with me.

There are lots of cuss words, but few movies these days don't.
Definitely some violence, but not too much blood, and the violence wasn't too graphic.

I was highly disturbed by the fact that I saw at least one pre-teen there, and one girl who looked about 5. There is no way in hell they should be in there.

Anyway... great drama I think.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by Kain99
OMG I just saw 8 Mile and It Rocked!!! This movie could have gone on another two hours and I would have been thrilled.

Thank you IM4change for talking me into doing a little research on this artist before keeping him banned from the house!

If this kid can make it anybody can! Now we should all pray that he makes it another few years before being shot by rivals.

While I'm as big of a fan of Eminem as anyone else, and a great admirer of his lyrical ability, it's important to remember that this is "loosely" based on Eminem's real life.

It's also produced and I think written by Eminem and/or his studio company. Very one-sided view that shows a rosy view.

Like I said... I'm a great fan of his, but I will acknowledge that this is probably a tame view of his real-life experiences. One thing that stood out is that while all his friends in the movie were smoking weed, his character did not. I'm not saying that's inconsistent, but I'm thinking it's probably unlikely.