Favorite Smells Of Fall/Winter

watercolor

yeah yeah
What are some of your favorite smells of the Fall/Winter season? I was thinking about that last night on my drive home from work. Seeing all the trees actually changing now. Route 5, right in the mechanicsville area (near the elementary school), is very pretty right now, with the colors of burnt red, orange, goldenrod, browns. I was just wondering what some of the favorite smells of this time of year is.

Some of mine are:

-Pumpkin Patches
-Peppermint
-Crisp Autumn Air in the morning
-Turkeys Baking
-Apple Cider brewing
-Wood Chips Burning
-Christmas cookies in the oven
-Cinnimon Apple Potpouri bubbling
-sweet hugs with nice perfume
-pine trees

I am sure I will think of others along with agreeing with others. Come on people, pull 'em out!!

Christmas Time Is Almost Here!!

K

Kizzy

- wood burning in the fireplace
- apple pies :yum:
- turkey

I am sure there are more. I love going outside and smelling the fresh air this time of year.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by Cracka
As far as Christmas coming,. I never look fwrd to that cause that means I have to spend money I don't have,however,for the smells I would say fire burning in the fireplace,...I just ran out of wood btw:mad: .

well gee...are we having a male PMS day today?? LOL

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Fall air smells good, especially in St. Mary's and Calvert. If you go over to Solomons, you can smell the fall-yness of the Bay and it's like the best perfume. I am a person who smells things and the smell of the earth (bury your nose in the grass and breathe deep) in fall is wonderful.

K

Kizzy

But you know Cracker; I feel the same way about the money part. Christmas has become a big scam to get your money so a few years ago I cut way back and I told the family that I felt it was getting too expensive and to cut back. Giving expensive gifts or spending a lot of money is not the meaning of Christmas. I didn't get 2 tons of gifts under the tree and I am not doing that to my children. This may seem odd to some, but they may get 6-10 gifts a piece from Santa. I give all year long so I can either save and give at Christmas or give all year long. I'd rather take the all yearlong. They don't complain. They have everything anyway, but sometimes I have to remind them of that. I try very hard to stay within budget.

I think Christmas is about being together with people you care about and remembering that Christmas is a way for Christians to celebrate the birth of Jesus. The presents are just an added benefit for children mainly.

But you know the Santa thing is something I feel a bit strange about. I feel like I am telling lies to my children and that kind of bothers me. I have never felt comfortable with the Santa thing. You know Santa comes to the house and leaves presents. Then, when you find out there is no Santa it is disappointing. I was a bit old when I found out there was no Santa. I am going to guess and say about 10 years old and I was PISSED when a kid next door told me there was no Santa so I punched him in the face and ran home crying. Then, my mother told me. How do other parents feel about this? I would be interested in hearing their thoughts.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Cracka
..I just ran out of wood btw:mad: .
I've got plenty of seasoned oak. If you lift and haul you can have some. I only use a little each year in an outdoor fireplace.

Cracka

Originally posted by watercolor23
well gee...are we having a male PMS day today?? LOL

LOL,yes.

And IM4Change I agree with what you said about the meaning of Christmas and the changes you made,as for the Santa thing thats a good point too,don't know what to tell ya on that one.

Sharon thanks for the offer,may take you up on that but we'll see,I'm trying to get ahold of someone who placed an add on SMOL about selling firewood.I burn the fireplace mostly for fun when I'm watching a movie but it's also my backup in case the power goes out on me.

K

Kain99

I feel like a scrooge! My poor hubby puts up with way to much from me... We were doing the dishes tonight and he asked "When is Thanksgiving, two weeks?"

I launched into my I'm glad your so Frappin happy about the Holidays speech!

You know the one..." I guess you are happy about the Holidays - I do all the work, all the shopping, all the cooking, just so YOU and YOUR family can sit on their butts and watch Football all day... speech

After that heart wrenching,"It's all about giving" speech I feel like Crud! Thanks for bringing me back down to Earth!

I hate being wrong.... Uggh! I guess ya'll know who's behind I'll be kissing tonight.

watercolor

yeah yeah
OMM OK! HELLO! This is my thread, and only 2 people have seemed to answer, well Cracka answered half...

I know some brains are working out there!!!

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by watercolor23

I know some brains are working out there!!!
:crazy: :silly: Not mine! :roflmao:

Ok --I like the smell of fireplaces burning on my early morning walks, when the air is brisk, the sun is shining, and all I can hear are the leaves rustling in the breeze and they are oh so beautiful with colors.

K

Kain99

Sorry Watercolor... I read from the bottom up!

I love the smell of a Fall morning!

I worked at the county jail for 3 long years and can remember opening those glass doors to the smell of Musk! It was heaven!

K

Kizzy

OMM OK! HELLO! This is my thread, and only 2 people have seemed to answer, well Cracka answered half...
:lol:

I will just have to ask the santa question in another thread!

I went shopping tonight and I must add one more thing to my list of smells this time of year. The candles! I love the smell of holiday candles.

MDindef

Where are the hunters?

I enjoy the smell of the woods:

1) The smell of rotting leaves on the forest floor
2) The smell of a deer that is close-by or has been there recently
3) The smell of blackpowder smoke, after a good shot
4) The smell of hot coffee before going out on a morning hunt
5) The smell of bisquits and squirrel gravy, after hunting for deer, and not getting one, but breaking out a couple squirrels you got last week!
6) The smell of a nice venison roast (if you don't like it that's fine with me, but I do like it!) cubed, marinated, seared, and slow cooked in red wine and chopped pecans, gravied and over rice...delicious!
7) The smell of my "forest floor" shampoo and body wash, which is a cover scent for hunting, and makes me smell like dirt, but not like a human.
8) The smell of my black lab (Evie) after she's fetched a downed bird out of the water for me.

C'mon...where are the hunters on this board? When I think of fall, I think of the hunt! (As a matter of fact, I should be out there right now, but I'm stuck here at work!)

seasquirt

Vermicious Knid
Maybe I'm weird, but I love the smell of burning leaves. It's so cozy! I also make some good hot cider, that is about the only seasonal food (fall or winter) that I like. Other than that, I hate cold weather (which to me is anything too cold for a bathing suit).

K

Kimmy

Fall and Winter is my favorite times of the year
Some of my favorites are:

- Cinnimon Apple
- Stuffed Ham cooking on top of my parents woodstove.
- The smell of smoke from a chimmney on a cold winter day.
- Pine trees
- Chocolate Chip cookies baking in the oven

F

Flo

I love the "Fall" season best of all. It brings so many (past) fond memories of family get-togethers.

Enjoy the scent of the cool, crisp morning air

Baking

Cinnamon or Apple Scented Candles