Where is God?

Ms. Othmar

I'm not asking in terms of any specific tragedy; rather, in general -- where do you think God is?

If you choose to answer "in Heaven," please humor me and elaborate -- where, then, is Heaven?

Last edited:

Toxick

Splat
Ms. Othmar said:
I'm not asking in terms of any specific tragedy; rather, in general -- where do you think God is?

Everywhere.

God is everywhere.

Even in your bathroom. Even in your linen closet behind the washcloths.

Ms. Othmar said:
If you choose to answer "in Heaven," please humor me and elaborating -- where, then, is Heaven?

Go toward the Milky Way - bear right. Follow that to the Andromeda galaxy, make a left. Signs everywhere. You can't miss it.

D

dems4me

Ms. Othmar said:

If you choose to answer "in Heaven," please humor me and elaborating -- where, then, is Heaven?

He's all around and more importantly - in my heart :huggy:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
He was in Baltimore recently. I saw the message he left on a billboard.

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Another question might be where is God not present?

I would submit that since He is the devine and all-powerful Lord of all that He is everywhere. Our minds and our experience may make that seem improbable, but remember this: our reality is not necessarily just like that of God's reality. It's a little like asking a two-dimensional creature "Which way is up?" A two-dimensional creature would have no idea what up and down even are.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Anyway, Miz O, the serious answer to your question is that God doesn't have a physical, organic body - he's a spirit. So, just like Visa, he's everywhere you want to be.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
God is omnipotent and omnipresent and He, as the Holy Spirit, lives in those that accept Jesus as Savior and Lord.
Romans 8:9-14
9However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.

10If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness.

11But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

12So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh--

13for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

14For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
So not only is He everywhere in the universe, He lives in the bodies of believers.

Ms. Othmar

2ndAmendment said:
So not only is He everywhere in the universe, He lives in the bodies of believers.

So, is He everywhere or is He in the bodies of believers?

If both are correct, isn't that a bit repetitious?

If He is only in the bodies of believers, then He isn't everywhere, is He?

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Ms. Othmar said:

I don't think so, do you?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ms. Othmar said:
He is everywhere. If he were only in the bodies of believers, then there wouldn't be any born-agains, right?

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Ms. Othmar said:

He respects free will. He will not enter into you, if you do not accept Him. That is the exception.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Ms. Othmar said:
Well if he is everywhere, then He is ALREADY in the bodies of believers, yes?
I stated it plainly. If you don't get it, you won't or are choosing not to. I have come to realize that you are here, not for enlightenment but for argument. Have a nice day.

Toxick

Splat
Ms. Othmar said:

You're on a roll!

Quick now: ask him if God is so omnipotent can He make a rock so heavy that He can't lift it.

Go ahead - ask him!!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ms. Othmar said:
Obviously. If they didn't feel God was inside them, they wouldn't be believers, now would they?