.45/300Gr. Or 20/12Ga Cast Bullets...

somdshootnet

Did up some bullets today with my new casting bench. The first photo is .45 / 300gr HP and the second photo is .45 / 345gr I also have some .50 Lee REAL casts. Waiting for my 12 gauge mold to show up so I can reload some slugs.

Also still looking for a 20 gauge slug mold and also looking for once-fired 12 gauge high brass hulls, clean, no garbage. I'll go $10.00 per 100 shipped for once-fired and $15.00 / 100 for new.

Attachments

• 45 hollowpoint custom mold.jpg
    45 hollowpoint custom mold.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 112
  • FIRST CAST ML BULLETS - DECEMBER 3, 2011.jpg
    FIRST CAST ML BULLETS - DECEMBER 3, 2011.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 92

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Did up some bullets today with my new casting bench. The first photo is .45 / 300gr HP and the second photo is .45 / 345gr I also have some .50 Lee REAL casts. Waiting for my 12 gauge mold to show up so I can reload some slugs.

Also still looking for a 20 gauge slug mold and also looking for once-fired 12 gauge high brass hulls, clean, no garbage. I'll go $10.00 per 100 shipped for once-fired and $15.00 / 100 for new.

Does MD require a license for reloading and manufacturing ammunition?

Vince

No license needed for personal use... For recreational/competition shooters it can be a cost saver.
:yeahthat: Been doing a lot of shooting and thinking about starting to reload again, but I've got to get the garage finished so I can build my reloading bench.

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The hardest part is finding lead. The rest is easy.

I hear ya. For years I was casting 9mm Luger and .45 for my .45-70 rifle rounds with a batch of lead-tin ingots, maybe 200 pounds or so and individually boxed, that I bought from a defunct circuit board soldering company went-out-of-business sale. Beautiful stuff and probably wildly expensive when bought new. But I've used it up.....and the cost of new lead casting ingots is right high.:whistle:

Nice work, btw.

somdshootnet

Go to a tire shop and ask for their lead weights that they're getting rid of.

Yep tried that angle, complete waste of time. WW is not what it used to be. I got a box of about 15 pounds and by the time I finished sorting the crap out of the collection, I ended up with less than tuna fish can worth of usable weights. WW lead might be free these days, but, it's not worth the effort.

somdshootnet

A fella in Mechanicsville found me and was kind enough to give me 35 pounds of his precast ingots. Another gentleman gave me 15 pounds of ingots. The free stuff is out there, and I do greatly appreciate the freebie offers, I just had to locate it first. I have turned some of it into 12 and 20 gauge slugs and have already reloaded about 75 12 gauge rounds. Slugs for sale now. I'm casting more than I'm reloading, so, I've been selling some of them off.

Attachments

• MY SLUG CASTS - DECEMBER 21, 2011.jpg
    MY SLUG CASTS - DECEMBER 21, 2011.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 73

Foxhound

Finishing last
Actually reloading lets you control quality. A large percentage of accuracy shooters reload their own for this reason. You can dial in your slug/powder for your own firearm giving you accuracy you may not get with commercial loads.