Traffic alert

James White

Have a nuisance?Im 4 hire
Fatal accident just occured on Rt.5 ,just north of Rt.231 in Hughesville.(Near Mobile gas).
Probably shut down for a while

James White

Dont know of what was involved,Vehicle VS.Pole.One other patient is trapped,one dead,I am home now,so listening on scanner.

fddog

Bow wow
water is always sitting in the road just north of mobile,We have real bad accidents all the time in that location:sad:

James White

FDDOG,

To your knowledge,Has the Police or fire dept,ever tryed to see if they could get them poles moved,Like you said,that water just lays there,and not much of a chance if you hydroplane,or have to make a defensive move to avaoid another ,when those darn power poles are so darn close to a tight road surface anyway.

K

Kizzy

I just got off the phone with the state police a few minutes and units were starting to clear the area.

No doubt traffic is going to be a mess tonight. The rain is coming down hard at times and it appears to have some wind mixed in it now.

fddog

Bow wow
James White said:
FDDOG,

To your knowledge,Has the Police or fire dept,ever tryed to see if they could get them poles moved,Like you said,that water just lays there,and not much of a chance if you hydroplane,or have to make a defensive move to avaoid another ,when those darn power poles are so darn close to a tight road surface anyway.
i have no idea if chief 2 has or not

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Chasey_Lane said:
Anyone have a link to the accident? When I passed by yesterday evening, I could see the vehicle on a flat-bed, but couldn't tell what kind of car it actually was. It took me an hour and 15 minutes to travel seven miles from work (Arlington) to the Wilson Bridge. :ohwell:
The ex went past right after it happened. He said it was a Lincoln.