Read ..think...take poll:

Your thoughts on the Abortion story:

• Typical hype, Bible thumping emotionalism...story is just a story.

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Sad...but there really isn't anything that could be done

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Parental rights have been slashed, scars left, a tragedy.

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • This is a daily circumstance...its about time someone exposed it.

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Choice is more important than parental rights...sorry: That is the law.

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • It didn't have to go this way...thousands would have been willing to adopt.

Votes: 18 46.2%

• Total voters

Hessian

As I move deeper into my 40's...

I would easily been willing to pay for the adoption of this child...I only have one and have tried for a few years to have more but that wasn't the case....

How dare health care workers lie to a parent...schools fail to notify...and states allow this to happen.

I wish Mel Gibson would turn this into a movie & watch Hollywood burn with anger against this 'Anti-choice' "fairytale."

Life, Liberty,...and the pursuit of happiness. :confused:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
My first thought was that Nicole's parents needed to be more alert, and they should have taken more precautions to prevent Nicole from getting pregnant in the first place. My second thaought was, lying to the parent was absolutely wrong - what would have happened if Nicole had died during the procedure? Unexplained disappearance? And the parents of the boy are sick, treating this baby's life like an inconvenience.

And lastly (and this is really the most important part of it) - Abortion is sanctioned murder and it is a sin.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I said "parental rights have been slashed" and "it didn't have to go this way".

That story is outrageous and I hope Shane has a good lawyer. To usurp parental rights like that is NOT something we do in America - that's more in line with some Communist country where minor children don't belong to their parents, but to the State.

AC/DC

Lord, I apologize.
Sliding further and further toward the grave, I find that my feelings for abortion haven’t changed at all since I was about 12 years old.

IF the mother’s life is in jeopardy, then abort the child.
IF the child is a result of incest, kill the adult and abort the child.

Other than that let the child be born and either raise the child or give the child up for adoption.

Vince

Murder is murder no matter how you spell it. In this case it's spelled "abortion." And you will give me all the "what if's." What if the mother is in danger. What if you know the child is going to be handicapped, etc. If the mother is in danger, it's her call and most would probably take a chance. Only a mother can answer that one and I'm sure you'll get alot of different answers. What if you know the child has downs or some other disease. That one I can answer as my son was born autistic. I wouldn't undo his birth for anything or anyone. He is a great kid. You can throw all the circumstances in there you want, but murder is murder and that's spelled abortion.

Last edited:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
AC/DC said:
Sliding further and further toward the grave, I find that my feelings for abortion haven’t changed at all since I was about 12 years old.

IF the mother’s life is in jeopardy, then abort the child.
IF the child is a result of incest, kill the adult and abort the child.

Other than that let the child be born and either raise the child or give the child up for adoption.
:yeahthat: Too many willing families out there who can give "a child of inconvenience" a good home/upbringing to go sh!tcanning them like a half-empty soda can.

suzeQ

Occasional User
Unwed pregnancies aren't even looked down upon anymore. The girl would have likely gained a lot more by going through the pregnancy and giving the baby up for adoption, if she and the young boy and their families were unable to care for him. She will likely be more scarred from the abortion experience than she would have from a pregnancy.

TinaTina

suzeQ said:
Unwed pregnancies aren't even looked down upon anymore.
Semi- :offtopic: but I have to disagree with this statement. I am unwed and pregnant, and some of the things I had to hear from some of my elders were certainly not words of approval. Of course I wasn't shunned to a convent or anything, but I am also an adult and able to support myself, yet I still had to hear about how I was having an "illegitimate" child. If a girl gets pregnant in high school, or even worse, middle school, it will be looked down upon just because that is how society is. And in all honesty, I don't think it is bad that society looks down on that...who wants a bunch of 15 year old mothers running around? If unwed pregnancies were "acceptable" I really think we'd see more of them. I know that I was scared to death of my mom being mad at me for having sex, much less getting pregnant because it just wasn't acceptable behavior at that age.

suzeQ

Occasional User
TinaTina said:
Semi- :offtopic: but I have to disagree with this statement. I am unwed and pregnant, and some of the things I had to hear from some of my elders were certainly not words of approval. Of course I wasn't shunned to a convent or anything, but I am also an adult and able to support myself, yet I still had to hear about how I was having an "illegitimate" child. If a girl gets pregnant in high school, or even worse, middle school, it will be looked down upon just because that is how society is. And in all honesty, I don't think it is bad that society looks down on that...who wants a bunch of 15 year old mothers running around? If unwed pregnancies were "acceptable" I really think we'd see more of them. I know that I was scared to death of my mom being mad at me for having sex, much less getting pregnant because it just wasn't acceptable behavior at that age.

I stand corrected. I'm sure from your standpoint, it's not easy being single and pregnant. From the outside, however, I look at how commonplace it is to be unmarried and pregnant. Look at the birth announcements and see how many of them either have no father listed, or mother and father have different last names. I personally know of so many people who have babies out of wedlock. It's just so different than it was say 30 years ago. If anyone was pregnant in high school in the 60's and 70's, it was the topic of discussion at everyone's dinner tables and there was no question that she was going to get married. Those who did not get married were mysteriously whisked away to 'care for an ill aunt' and came back not pregnant.

Things have changed dramatically in the past 30 years, but I guess there is a ways to go before unmarried pregnancies are accepted in every situation.

TinaTina

suzeQ said:
I stand corrected. I'm sure from your standpoint, it's not easy being single and pregnant. From the outside, however, I look at how commonplace it is to be unmarried and pregnant. Look at the birth announcements and see how many of them either have no father listed, or mother and father have different last names. I personally know of so many people who have babies out of wedlock. It's just so different than it was say 30 years ago. If anyone was pregnant in high school in the 60's and 70's, it was the topic of discussion at everyone's dinner tables and there was no question that she was going to get married. Those who did not get married were mysteriously whisked away to 'care for an ill aunt' and came back not pregnant.

Things have changed dramatically in the past 30 years, but I guess there is a ways to go before unmarried pregnancies are accepted in every situation.
I'm not single, just unwed. But you are absolutely right...it is very different now then it was 30 years ago, I just wasn't around to witness how much more harsh it was then. I suppose comparing that time frame to the current way of life, unwed pregnancies are more acceptable now then they were way back when. And now I have the Tim McGraw "The Way it was Back When" song stuck in my head!

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
If the parents (Jake and Shane) were performing their parental duties in a responsible manner to begin with, their FOURTEEN YEAR OLD DAUGHTER might not have been dating and having sex with the sleezebag in the first place.

That said, it's a shame---but if I were in any of their situations I'm not entirely sure what I'd do. It's easy to speculate until you're the terrified little girl who's just been told she's going to be a mommy.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
vraiblonde said:
I said "parental rights have been slashed" and "it didn't have to go this way".

That story is outrageous and I hope Shane has a good lawyer. To usurp parental rights like that is NOT something we do in America - that's more in line with some Communist country where minor children don't belong to their parents, but to the State.
I think it's a BS story.. if not TOATLLY made up, it definetly has been embellished beyond recognition.. it's easy to make up a story when "all the names have been changed to protect privacy" I believe she had an abortion, that's the only part of the story I believe.. of course the young girls stacked like cattle didn't help, lets not let emotion or beliefs iget int he way of the truth!!