Mr.Tire, Leonardtown, aweful service

Petter Solberg

Mr.Tire, Leonardtown, awful service

Awful customer service at Leonardtown Mr. Tire
I went in and asked for custom alignment and after car was brought in to garage was told they didn't have time to perform it. The management had a very bad attitude and talked down to me. The young tech revved the heck out my engine and apparently didn't know much about how to align a car.

After the bad service in Leonardtown, I went to the recommended Mr. Tire of California, MD and was treated very well, and the alignment was no problem at all for the tech.

Last edited:

sonsorae

What now?!
That's really sad to hear. I've been taking my car to them since they opened and they treat me really well. I surprised to hear that the manager treated you that way. Everytime I come in, they are very nice and actually pretty funny.

I was there this weekend and notice a new employee. I have to say that I did not care for his arrogance, but when he saw the manager talking to me like we've known each for years, his attitude changed.

I used to go to the one in California, but I had problems with their staff. They couldn't figure out the problem with my car, took 4 weeks to order the part, keep my car for a whole week trying to figure out the problem. Each day they had the car, they kept saying, we haven't had time to look at it today. Then when I got the part, I decided to take it to another mechnic to the part put in, the mechanic said there was nothing wrong with part. Go figure!

S

Shutterbug

The one in California isn't any better. They did $750 worth of damage to my husband's project car....and DIDN'T EVEN MENTION IT! My husband discovered it when he got home. Apparently, something was under the lift when they brought the car down, cracking the rocker panel, jamming the front fender into the hood, and bending the door.

They were very quick to offer to settle with us, too.....I'm thinking this isn't the first time something like this has happened there.

G

Gemmi

I've been going to the California Mr. Tire for quite some time and rarely have any problems with anything.I used to go to the one in L.P. but quit when the California one opened.If something is not repaired or done to my liking,they gladly try to make it right.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I don't know why people seem so surprised by stuff like this. It happens every day. Nobody takes pride in what they do anymore, or ownership for what they screw up.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Two places I for certain won't take my business are Mr. Tire in Lexington Park and Laser Lube just north of San Souci. (Now a third is the Mr. Tire in Leonardtown). I get my tires elsewhere anyhow, from the only people I trust - Cheseldine's. Doesn't matter what it is, if I can't do something on my car by myself, I take it there. They have earned my respect, gratitude, and loyalty by being 100% honest with me 100% of the time, and by doing great work as quickly as they can.

cholo

¡Tengo una tarjeta verde!
I take my car to the Leonardtown Mr. Tire to get the oil changed, primarily because I can drop it off and walk home if they have a long wait. So far, I have only had one minor problem with them: I run synthetic oil in my car, but rather than paying their markup, I buy it at Target (or wherever its on sale) and take it to Mr. Tire. They only charge $10 for the oil change and filter if you bring your own oil in. Two oil changes ago, I got back in my car, ready to go home after the oil change was done, only to find my brand new oil still sitting on my passenger seat. They of course changed it again, this time with my oil. Now when I take it in, I make sure I put the oil on the driver's seat.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
I don't have to go to any of those places. My hubby changes the oil and filter along with rotating the tires with every oil change :smile:

Petter Solberg

I perform all basic maintenance on my car, but an accurate alignment is a different issue.

jwwb2000 said:
I don't have to go to any of those places. My hubby changes the oil and filter along with rotating the tires with every oil change :smile:

alex

All my car work is done at Leonardtown Service Center (BP Station). They honest and stand by their work. They tell what is wrong, how much it will cost to fix it and whether it is worth it or not. Wouldn't go anywhere else for car work.

cholo

¡Tengo una tarjeta verde!
jwwb2000 said:

I used to change the oil myself, but got tired of having to dump it.

Triggerfish

I've had problems with the California Mr Tire also. After I had an accident I told them about the accident and to check the alignment, which is part of their inspection along with the oil change. They didn't find anything wrong with it but gave me a list of other things that were wrong. 2nd time they didn't find anything wrong with the alignment and came up with a new list of things wrong. Half of the things on the first list were not fixed and none of those were on the new list. 3rd trip they finally told me the alignement was messed up. Wehn I asked them why they didn't catch it the first 2 times I was there, the response was that they don't always check the alignment during oil changes. It's on paper they're supposed to do alignment checks during oil changes.

OldHillcrestGuy

I think all the Mr. Tires are alike. They get you in for the low cost oil changes, then do the safety check inspections and come back with many problems and try to get you to have addtional work done. Happened to me at the Mechcanicsville location, was told the serpinteen(sp) belt was cracked and needed replacement, their price and and the dealer price were about the same, surprisingly for replacement so I choose the dealer (Subaru) in Waldorf, made appointment to have it replaced took it in, while I waited, after a little bit the Service Manager and the Tech working on it came and got me and said they saw nothing wrong with it, and they felt it didnot need to be replaced, that it still had some life in it, about 6 months later while I was having a tuneup at Subaru I did have it changed after proably another 20,000 miles. Have had same problem with them saying I needed brake work done, that I had checked out afterwards, yes I did need some done but not nearly as much as they said I needed. You wonder just how many people have had work done, that wasnt needed, not just here but everywhere, its so hard to find really honest mechanic's and if you have one lucky you.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
The entire Mr Tire group, including our local stores, was purchased by the Monro Muffler and Brake company out of New York about 6 weeks ago. I've heard that some local store managers have changed, even as far as bringing in new managers. So it seems like the new company is trying to be proactive in integrating the stores into their system. Sounds like they may still have some challenges, but given the ongoing 2.3% unemployment rate in St. Mary's County, EVERY business has challenges when it comes to skilled labor and customer service.

Triggerfish

OldHillcrestGuy said:
its so hard to find really honest mechanic's and if you have one lucky you.

I now go primary to my neighbor, he's got a full garage. The only thing he can't do is alignments. He came highly recommended by my other neighbors. He doesn't charge as much and I get better results.

springishere

Mr. Tire in Leonardtown, MD

Awful customer service at Leonardtown Mr. Tire
I went in and asked for custom alignment and after car was brought in to garage was told they didn't have time to perform it. The management had a very bad attitude and talked down to me. The young tech revved the heck out my engine and apparently didn't know much about how to align a car.

After the bad service in Leonardtown, I went to the recommended Mr. Tire of California, MD and was treated very well, and the alignment was no problem at all for the tech.

Went to the Leonardtown, MD location today. The counter rep. was a miscreant. The staff was working on taking advantage of me. The rep. was also condescending to me, and referred to me as "honey" more than a few times. As upset as I was, and partially still am, there's little I can do about it.

On the way home, I called my roommate who laughed while I exploded with rage over the phone. When I finished ranting, she told me she'd been to Mr. Tire before and had a similar experience. They began replacing her brakes, and in the midst of it, told her it was going to cost in excess of $750.00. She had them put everything back together, and took it to another mechanic who charged her only $400.00. I spoke with a cashier at a convenience store about my experience on the way home today. She said she had an awful experience with Mr. Tire and has not returned for services. Also, a Wal-Mart automotive dept. employee laughed while I explained the beginning of my experience @ Mr. Tire this afternoon. He also told me he would not be doing business there because he'd had his own bad experience with them as well (@ the Leonardtown, MD location).

I did notice that the rep. @ Mr. Tire is a heavy smoker, so he's sealed his own fate. :whistle:

T

toppick08

My boys have always treated me and my blood right...........:shrug:

lovinmaryland

Went to the Leonardtown, MD location today. The counter rep. was a miscreant. The staff was working on taking advantage of me. The rep. was also condescending to me, and referred to me as "honey" more than a few times. As upset as I was, and partially still am, there's little I can do about it.

On the way home, I called my roommate who laughed while I exploded with rage over the phone. When I finished ranting, she told me she'd been to Mr. Tire before and had a similar experience. They began replacing her brakes, and in the midst of it, told her it was going to cost in excess of $750.00. She had them put everything back together, and took it to another mechanic who charged her only $400.00. I spoke with a cashier at a convenience store about my experience on the way home today. She said she had an awful experience with Mr. Tire and has not returned for services. Also, a Wal-Mart automotive dept. employee laughed while I explained the beginning of my experience @ Mr. Tire this afternoon. He also told me he would not be doing business there because he'd had his own bad experience with them as well (@ the Leonardtown, MD location).

I did notice that the rep. @ Mr. Tire is a heavy smoker, so he's sealed his own fate. :whistle:

You sure did go a lot of places to tell people your issues at Mr. Tire in Leonardtown.