McKay's theme song

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I can't help wondering how this would sound if a punk band like Green Day played it. Crank up those guitars! :lol:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Listen to any of the Robertson stations (98 Star, WKIK or WMDM) and you might hear it several times a day. McKay's has been using the same jingle for at least 20 years.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I don't know. When I moved here in 1980, McKay's was in the current Vintage Values in Lexington Park. I think the Hollywood store may have been open then, too.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Tonio, you are correct. The Hollywood is the original store. It's been there as long as I can remember and that was the early 70's.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
"It always pay to shop..at McKay's
Where quality is discount every daaaay.."

Is that the one ya'll are talking about?

"For you and your family
We giiiive you this guarantee
It always pays to shop...at McKays!"

Man, I haven't heard that song in over 5 years but I still remember it - how's that for some advertising?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by vraiblonde
"It always pay to shop..at McKay's
Where quality is discount every daaaay.."

Is that the one ya'll are talking about?

"For you and your family
We giiiive you this guarantee
It always pays to shop...at McKays!"

Man, I haven't heard that song in over 5 years but I still remember it - how's that for some advertising?
Thanks Blondie :barf: :barf: :barf: :biggrin:

Snow Shovel

I've always thought it would sound best delivered by a bad lounge singer, complete with a velvet dinner jacket and bad toupe. "Thank you, thank you very much."

MDindef

Hey, and how about that television commercial they've been running..."being a mom..."

That gal was the president of the southern pigskin cheerleading leagues two years ago. At the time, she said they shot that commercial 5 years prior!

Time for some new commercials!

jeneisen

Indy Bound
The one I was talking about is the one on the commercial. There aren't any words, just a theme song and it is really out dated. I am surprised they are doing as well as they are. They are really expensive and whenever I go in there they are dead.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Has anyone been to the new McKay's in Wildwood yet? I heard they just opened.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I have. Its okay, but they do not have the pre-made veggie tray's. I had to leave and go to Giant for that before the party last week.

Snow Shovel

Been to the one in Wildewood for bread, milk, eggs . . .

Noticed that they were very expensive. Hadn't been that pronounced at the Great Mills store.

STMLADY

The MaKay's in Wildwood will probably be more expensive for the simple reason they are in a convient location and the only store near by so why not gouge the folks who don't want to go a couple miles further.

You have to watch what you buy. I go to the one in Charlotte Hall for their deli, fresh vegtables, meats and breads, they sock you on everything else. I go to the Food lion for all can goods, frozen items, and cleaning supplies.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
How many people actually shop based on convenience, or whether their can of beans are 10 cents cheaper at another place?

I imagine that if you factor the value of your time, the amount you save is more than offset by the time spent driving and shopping at another store. So, if you earn $30K per year, then after salary, benefits, etc, your time on average is worth $20 per hour. That's a lot of nickels, dimes and quarters for the extra hour required to shop at Giant. (This is presuming that both stores have the same product, and you're shopping and choosing based solely on price.) For me, I go to McKays and another grocery store, because each store has a different preferred brand of food that I buy regularly. If McKays had both, I'd skip Food Lion or Giant when I run out of the other product, and buy everything at the local company.

Of course, grocery shopping can be a hobby for people who don't work and old people, but as someone who fits into neither category, I prefer convenience over price any day of the week.