• Rather have none than be stuck with litterary saw dust

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Tough choice

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...that is the question I lay before you today.

What is worse, to NOT have a book or two going and feel that anxiety and apprehension that having a good one going normally quells?

Or

To have a book or two you're trying to enjoy but they simply sux more azz than a bicycle seat and you find yourself reading cereal boxes to avoid picking them up?

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I'm a compulsive reader. Have read some great great books and also useless fluff. I read what my children read. I read magazines and newpapers.
But still I must force myself to read hideously dry technical documents. :dead:

"The Catcher in the Rye".... Jazz, Airgasm... that's it! That's the hideous book I couldn't get through...:dead:

I'd rather have quality, not quantity. I will not hesitate to put a book down and grab a cereal box should the book be that bad.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
I have different endeavors running simultaneously...

Some for personal growth
Some for professional "musts"
Some for spiritual reasons
Some for guidance (lacking a more fitting term)
Usually one at a time (maybe two) for leisure

With that said, I haven't finished a single one in some time... but have taken a lot from most :shrug:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
kwillia said:
"It" by Stephen King.... Jazz, Airgasm... that's it! That's the hideous book I couldn't get through...:dead:

I'd rather have quality, not quantity. I will not hesitate to put a book down and grab a cereal box should the book be that bad.
:yeahthat: I couldn't finish that one.

Vince

Love to read. Reading Clive Cussler right now. Want to re-read The Count of Monte Cristo. I like some of the classics. Mostly read motorcyle and woodworking magazines.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
kwillia said:
Good thing the May issues of each should be arriving in the mail soon, huh...:bubble:

Do you think he's ambidextrous? Or does the lag in issues give just enough healing time?

:yikes:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
kwillia said:
I will not hesitate to put a book down and grab a cereal box should the book be that bad.
:yeahthat:

I only read one book at a time so I can give it my full attention. Therefore I won't hesitate to throw away a book that isn't going anywhere after the first few chapter. Life's too short.

Llwynog

Thats Welsh for fox.
Larry Gude said:
...that is the question I lay before you today.

What is worse, to NOT have a book or two going and feel that anxiety and apprehension that having a good one going normally quells?
:confused: I hope this anxiety and apprehension isn't a frequent thing. :huggy: I read to quell bordom.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Nah...

Llwynog said:
:confused: I hope this anxiety and apprehension isn't a frequent thing. :huggy: I read to quell bordom.

...I just always find comfort in knowing that I've got a reasonably interesting book going. Even a mediocre one.

When there's no book going it gives me pause, a momentary '####! What will I read when I get a few minutes?".

mAlice

professional daydreamer
kwillia said:
I'd rather have quality, not quantity.

I have a rather large quantity of quality books that I just can't seem to get around to reading, but when I can, they'll be there.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Larry Gude said:
...I just always find comfort in knowing that I've got a reasonably interesting book going. Even a mediocre one.
:yeahthat: I panic if I don't have anything to read. I'd rather have SOMETHING than nothing at all.

When there's no book going it gives me pause, a momentary '####! What will I read when I get a few minutes?".
I find that unless I read before going to bed, my mind continues on in its normal hyperdrive fashion. Reading seems to satisfy some craving in my brain, relaxes my mind and body, and allows me to sleep.

Right now, I'm reading two books. If I don't have a lot of time to read, I've got quite a few magazines to go through on a wide range of topics: computers, gardening, cooking, National Geographic, games, etc. I skim the magazines and bookmark or tear out the articles of interest for later in-depth reading if I can't read it right then.

I could easily do without television but I would go insane if I couldn't read.