• Absolutely No!

Votes: 15 38.5%

• Total voters
D

dems4me

sonsorae said:
That just makes me :mad: !!!!

Thanks for the welcome and the green, Dems! :huggy:

Sure thing... I take care of strays and have a few outside that I have worked with and made somewhat friendly (to me only) and have the up todate on shots but for some reason, I never thought I needed to put a collar on them... I guess if I lived in Wisconsin these few strays without their collar would be fair game. :bawl:

sonsorae

What now?!
I just found a stray running around the backyard. I've been leaving food and water out, but he/she is still scared to come close. At first I thought is was a skunk! :lol:

I'm glad to hear you take care of strays and thank goodness we're not in Wisconson. I adopted a puppy from the pound recently and just love him to death. When I move to a bigger place, I plan on fostering.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Why shouldn't it be legal to shoot or trap a non-native predatory species of animal that is know to kill protected species?

Last edited:
D

dems4me

aps45819 said:
Why shouldn't it be legal to shoot or trap a non-native predatory species of animal that is know to kill protected species?

Well because as most democrats, its because I think they can be reformed ? :frown:

j/k :neener: :lol: its a song bird, the stray cats also can kill snakes and mice, moles, rats, etc.... what good can the song bird do to help the environment? :shrug:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I have to say no. It leaves too much open. If any animal shows agression towards a human and that human is in danger of being bitten then there is reason to kill that animal. But the fact of the matter is this leaves too much room for error. Not all pet owners are responsible and keep their cats indoors or collar them. Not that I would feel bad for those people if they lost their pets but I'd feel bad if they had kids and it's also not fair for the animals.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
dems4me said:
Well because as most democrats, its because I think they can be reformed ? :frown:
It would be nice if democrats could be reformed, but that doesn't have much to with introducing a new predator to the enviroment. I don't know what song birds do for the enviroment, I didn't put them there.

I don't claim to know more about how things work than the guy that did put them there.

dems4me said:
its a song bird, the stray cats also can kill snakes and mice, moles, rats, etc.... what good can the song bird do to help the environment? :shrug:
You're kidding, right?

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
One of the attendees was Katy Francis, who wore cat ears, whiskers, a cat nose and a sign that read, "Too Cute to Kill."

Cats seem to bring out extreme emotions in many people. I think that's because cats, unlike dogs, don't care what humans think about them. I've read stuff by cat-haters who complain that cats don't do what you tell them. That to me seems like a dumb reason to hate a cat--I've had both dogs and cats, and half the time dogs don't obey commands, either.

AC/DC

Lord, I apologize.
Oh, I love me some kitty, but wild ones usually bring about more trouble than they are worth. :ohwell:

D

dems4me

elaine said:

Thanks!!! Great article and from the state of Wisconsin itself... the one's crying about the birds... :clap:

"small mammals make up approximately 70% of these cats' prey while birds make up about 20%. The remaining 10% is a variety of other animals. The diets of free-ranging cat populations, however, reflect the food locally available. "

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Feral animals of all types cause serious problems. Feral cats are getting so bad in some places in this country that the state has to go in and capture and destroy them. Most feral cats are ones left ababndoned by families, and include cats that have even been de-clawed (the ultimate in cruelty). Where one feral species thrives, another native species (or several species) dies. To maintain a balance, and to help the native species survie, the feral animals have to be eradicated.

That and cats are small , smart and quick, thus lending themselves to improve my marksmanship.

But seriously, not only should hunting feral cats and dogs be legal, there should be a bounty.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
itsbob said:
But seriously, not only should hunting feral cats and dogs be legal, there should be a bounty.
Used to live near a guy with a dairy farm that paid us $0.25 for cat tails we'd bring in from his farm. Place was over run with them to the point they wer killing his chickens.

I had hunting rights to a farm in Frederick. One condition of my hunting was that I was to shoot any cats I saw. Period. No exceptions.