Those oh so tolerant little liberals

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Bruzilla said:
A "controversialist"???????
I think she just likes to make a ruckus. There's no other reason I see for going to a liberal school and putting something like that out.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Bustem' Down said:
I think she just likes to make a ruckus. There's no other reason I see for going to a liberal school and putting something like that out.
How about they paid her $30,000 to do it

Mikeinsmd

"You say that you believe in the sanctity of marriage," said Ajai Raj, an English sophomore. "How do you feel about marriages where the man does nothing but f*@k his wife up the a$$?"
And liberals wonder why they lost the Whitehouse?? :killingme Wonder if he actually did a study on this?? :confused: With geniuses like this, all I have to do is sit back and watch the hijinks. :lmao: GO LIBS, GO LIBS!!! WOO HOO~!!! :getdown: :thewave:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
How about...

Bustem' Down said:

...the exchange of ideas? How about intelectual stimulation and challenge?
How about exposing young minds to varying viewpoints? How about diversity?
How about dissent? How aobut stirring the fetid gene pool that is modern campi?

Modern liberalism is a disgrace because it does no longer nutures intellectual aggresiveness, it no longer ask why, it no longer advances and cultivates knowledge.

Instead, it jealously defends it's turf and dogma to the exclusion of all else.

Why are these kids so afraid of being challenged?

Because they are unprepared, uninterested and intellectually retarded.

The loss is all of ours.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
vraiblonde said:
I can't stand Coulter myself, partly because of her column calling for the US to invade Muslim countries and convert them to Christianity.

But the students who were heckling her were idiots. Let the woman speak, for crying out loud! They wouldn't like it if the College Republicans tried to heckle Michael Moore.

When I was at Maryland, the whole "invited speaker" thing got out of hand. The Nation of Islam members on campus invited Stokley Carmichael aka Kwame Ture to preach his black-separatist and anti-Semitic views. So in a clearly retaliatory move, the campus Jewish organization invited Meir Kahane to preach his anti-Muslim views. Both of these men were racists. The only reason the groups invited these speakers, in my view, was to stir up hatred and ill feelings. This was the equivalent of a group of white students inviting, say, Matthew Hale of the World Church of the Creator.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tonio said:
I can't stand Coulter myself, partly because of her column calling for the US to invade Muslim countries and convert them to Christianity.
Stop that. You can't stand her because she made one bombastic remark right after 9-11??? I'll bet you REALLY hate my ass.

Liberals are the new Hitler Youth - or something, I'm not sure what to compare them to. Like Larry said, they are so afraid of ideas that go against what they believe that they want the messenger to be silenced. They call for boycotts, they shout down speakers, they throw stuff.

Bustem' Down said:
That's interesting. Students scream profanity at her and throw food at her - and she likes to make a ruckus??? She gets invited - paid, no less - to speak at a college, and she likes to make a ruckus???

Like nobody in the world agrees with her and she forced her way into that college and onto that stage. Ripped that microphone right away from Michael Moore and started spewing. Nobody had ever heard of her or was familiar with her speaking style.

"She" likes to make a ruckus????

dustin

UAIOE
Tonio said:
But the students who were heckling her were idiots. Let the woman speak, for crying out loud!

Not only idiots, but immature.

Heckling a public speaker is 6th grade territory.

Mikeinsmd

dustin said:
Not only idiots, but immature.
Heckling a public speaker is 6th grade territory.
6th graders would have heckled with opposing views and interesting facts. You gave these idiots WAY too much credit. :lmao:

SamSpade

Tonio said:
You mean, this bit?

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The nation has been invaded by a fanatical, murderous cult. And we welcome them. We are so good and so pure we would never engage in discriminatory racial or "religious" profiling. [/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]People who want our country destroyed live here, work for our airlines, and are submitted to the exact same airport shakedown as a lumberman from Idaho. This would be like having the Wehrmacht immigrate to America and work for our airlines during World War II. Except the Wehrmacht was not so bloodthirsty. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"All of our lives" don't need to change, as they keep prattling on TV. Every single time there is a terrorist attack — or a plane crashes because of pilot error — Americans allow their rights to be contracted for no purpose whatsoever. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The airport kabuki theater of magnetometers, asinine questions about whether passengers "packed their own bags," and the hostile, lumpen mesomorphs ripping open our luggage somehow allowed over a dozen armed hijackers to board four American planes almost simultaneously on Bloody Tuesday. (Did those fabulous security procedures stop a single hijacker anyplace in America that day?) [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Airports scrupulously apply the same laughably ineffective airport harassment to Suzy Chapstick as to Muslim hijackers. It is preposterous to assume every passenger is a potential crazed homicidal maniac. We know who the homicidal maniacs are. They are the ones cheering and dancing right now. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. We weren't punctilious about locating and punishing only Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed civilians. That's war. And this is war. "[/font]

This column (which I've quoted only part)appeared right after 9/11 (the NEXT day, in fact). Right about then, we were wringing our hands as to how gently we ought to kick the ever-livin' snot out of the b*stards who killed over 3,000 of our people. And to combat the problem, we were emplying the same tired security measures that have never worked in the past.

Was it the "convert them" bit that offended you? Should we ask their permission first? Convert them to something less offensive, like Taoism? Or should be "nice" to them, like airdrop little goodies to them?

The point is well made - it's war, dammit. In war, you pull out the stops, and do the damage needed to win, because he won't even hesitate to do the same. You kick the crap out of them until they surrender or they are dead. There is no "PC" war, even if people want there to be one. You fight to win, not for a tie. This is why war should be carefully considered, and used as a last resort - BUT ONCE COMMITTED TO IT, you don't let up until it's over. "Never start a fight, but *always* finish one".

While Ann frequently employs a lot of sarcasm, humor and hyperbole, she usually expresses point-blank what I'm reluctant to just say out loud. If I ever object to what Ann says, it's that she paints with too broad a brush - like your average conservative, your average liberal doesn't devote THAT much time to politics.

Last edited:

Mikeinsmd

SamSpade said:
This column (which I've quoted only part) appeared right after 9/11 (the NEXT day, in fact). Right about then, we were wringing our hands as to how gently we ought to kick the ever-livin' snot out of the b*stards who killed over 3,000 of our people. And to combat the problem, we were emplying the same tired security measures that have never worked in the past.

Was it the "convert them" bit that offended you? Should we ask their permission first? Convert them to something less offensive, like Taoism? Or should be "nice" to them, like airdrop little goodies to them?

The point is well made - it's war, dammit. In war, you pull out the stops, and do the damage needed to win, because he won't even hesitate to do the same. You kick the crap out of them until they surrender or they are dead. There is no "PC" war, even if people want there to be one. You fight to win, not for a tie. This is why war should be carefully considered, and used as a last resort - BUT ONCE COMMITTED TO IT, you don't let up until it's over. "Never start a fight, but *always* finish one".

While Ann frequently employs a lot of sarcasm, humor and hyperbole, she usually expresses point-blank what I'm reluctant to just say out loud. If I ever object to what Ann says, it's that she paints with too broad a brush - like your average conservative, your average liberal doesn't devote THAT much time to politics.
:clap: :getdown: :patriot: Well said!!! :clap: :getdown: :patriot:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
SamSpade said:

Play it again, Sam.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Tonio,
You need to check if you head is screwed on correctly. I think it must be cross threaded.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
2ndAmendment said:
Tonio,
You need to check if you head is screwed on correctly. I think it must be cross threaded.
No need to insult. Tonio has always tried to see both sides of the fence and taken issue with forced religion. Nothing wrong with that.

I think a lot of people took issue with AC's column simply because they didn't read the whole thing - only heard that particular sentence quoted relentlessly by outraged liberals. You think about it differently when it's put in context with the rest of the column.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
SamSpade said:
Sam, I get your point. I'm saying that Ann went way too far by adding "convert them to Christianity." In my view, America shouldn't fight holy wars. I see the war on terrorism as purely one of self-defense. We don't care what religion you are, but if you pick a fight with us, we'll respond tenfold. It burns my blood when Bin Laden tells his followers that America seeks to destory Islam. I want him to keep his filthy trap shut or we'll shut it for him.