Need keyboard teacher

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
Looking for a bonafide keyboard teacher - not just someone who plays keyboard & is looking for some extra cash.

I have a Casio CTK-671 and am looking for quality instruction. Beginner here - never touched a keyboard before.

Anyone know of any keyboard instructors or where I could get lessons in St. Mary's County??? :confused:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Check with Musically Yours, just past Wildewood Center on Route 235.

Cheetah

Music stores are often a good place to start. I recommend meeting with the instructor in person before signing up. Check to see if they require any commitment to number of lessons, etc. Sometimes (not always) store instructors are ones that don't have their own "studio" or are trying to build up a clientele locally. I went to a store inquiring about lessons and found that the instructor wasn't that advanced and couldn't get me to the level I wanted to reach. Also, you'll need to consider if you want someone to show you some basics to play cover tunes or if you want all of the theory and practice exercises, too.

Not sure how far south in St. Mary's, but if you trek up to Charles Cty, try Larry Keiffer in Waldorf. I took violin lessons with him. He teaches strings and the piano/keyboard. He's a more traditional teacher who emphasizes theory.