Heh, I find this website amusing, what do you think?

Spoiled

Now most of you probably have more experience with marijuana than I do (considering I've never tried it...)

I find this site horribly amusing and propaganda filled... for example:

A lot of American teens, think that marijuana is a pretty harmless drug...not nearly as bad for you as the "hard" drugs like cocaine or heroin.
this statement doesn’t say anything that isn’t true, it just leads you to believe that it is just as bad as "hard" drugs...

http://www.freevibe.com/Drug_Facts/marijuana.asp

The only thing I can honestly see this site doing is successfully detouring some 5th-7th graders from doing weed, but if they know anything about internet search engines they can find out all they need to justify using it...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Guess what?

I find this site horribly amusing and propaganda filled... for example:

You're wrong. None of it is propaganda. The questions are compeltely accurate as regards the answers and in context.

#1 says 'MAY be at risk'...

Young kids have NO business trying pot or drinking past a sip of moms wine or dads beer.

#2 Specifically says 'heavy' pot use.

#3 and #4 are simply facts. They are not saying soemthing stupid like '50% of carrot users do this...".

Grass has NO place in a young persons life. NONE. What gets lost or is never gained in the developmental years due to being stoned is, by definition, irreplacable.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Larry Gude said:
What gets lost or is never gained in the developmental years due to being stoned is, by definition, irreplacable.
And there you have it. The teen years should be spent pursuing interests that enhance your life and round out your adulthood. If your interest is sitting around on your fat butt smoking pot, well....

B

Bruzilla

Larry Gude said:
You're wrong. None of it is propaganda. The questions are compeltely accurate as regards the answers and in context.

#1 says 'MAY be at risk'...

Young kids have NO business trying pot or drinking past a sip of moms wine or dads beer.

#2 Specifically says 'heavy' pot use.

#3 and #4 are simply facts. They are not saying soemthing stupid like '50% of carrot users do this...".

Grass has NO place in a young persons life. NONE. What gets lost or is never gained in the developmental years due to being stoned is, by definition, irreplacable.

:yeahthat:

Spoiled

Larry Gude said:
...one sign of Reefer Madness is loss of short term memory..."
again, i seriously have never smoked week... I have never been high, the only illegal drug I have done is alcohol

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Can i aks a personal question?

Spoiled said:
again, i seriously have never smoked week... I have never been high, the only illegal drug I have done is alcohol

Two, actaully.

Why haven't you tried it?

And why are you advocating FOR something you know nothing about?

Spoiled

Larry Gude said:
Two, actaully.

Why haven't you tried it?

And why are you advocating FOR something you know nothing about?
Inhaling smoke into my body isnt really something I want to do... I like being able to go out and run and have no problems breathing, and I dont want problems breathing in the future... It is also illegal (on a different level than alcohol) and I dont think its worth getting caught... Im not advocating doing it, I just think the scare tactics are old, annoying and just stupid... I dont care if others do it, as long as they dont pressure me to do it... Its one thing to say "hey want a puff?" and its another to keep hurassing me about it... Its one of those freedoms of 'choice' i think people should have based on alcohol and cigarettes being legal... I am pro people being able to have abortions and yet I dont want to have one and I cant have one :p

Cletus_Vandam

I too find it ironic that in America (if you are of legal age) you can purchase alcohol and tobacco, but weed is a no-no.

Sure drugs are bad for you, but aren’t drinking alcohol and cigarettes bad for you as well? Anyone who watched Penn and Teller’s show Bullsh!t on this topic know this is a load.

We live in society with such "freedoms"…

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well good for you!

I just think the scare tactics are old, annoying and just stupid

Thing is, the site you referenced does not fit that description.

As for me, when I retire, I'm gonna smoke and drink my ass off. Gonna grow my hair and become a rock star.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Most of the drug laws came into being right after the XVIII Amendment repealing prohibition. They are economic in nature and go under the guise of being health related. People had turned from drinking because it was illegal to legal ways of getting high; pot, heroin, cocaine, and other drugs. When alcohol was not selling, the former king pins of the illegal alcohol trade and their political allies (graftees) wanted to booste sales of alcohol, so they pushed to make drugs that were formally legal illegal.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
vraiblonde said:
And there you have it. The teen years should be spent pursuing interests that enhance your life and round out your adulthood. If your interest is sitting around on your fat butt smoking pot, well....

Not to mention that if you form bad habits as a teenager there is the likelihood that they will carry over into adulthood. I've never known an adult pothead that had a productive life. Matter of fact just the opposite. :ohwell:

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
pixiegirl said:
Not to mention that if you form bad habits as a teenager there is the likelihood that they will carry over into adulthood. I've never known an adult pothead that had a productive life. Matter of fact just the opposite. :ohwell:

:heavymetalrockstar: