Flying snow chunks

tater

Did anyone get hit by any flying chunks of snow off people's cars or trucks? Crap, I must've dodged 50 or so in the last four days. I was pretty lucky and didn't get hit which is pretty good since I don't think my windshield could take much more. It's already cracked all the way across from the defroster.

:crazy:

SmallTown

Football season!
Yea, people just don't seem to "get it" that when this stuff flies off cars, it can do some MAJOR damage.. I was on the interstate a few years ago and a piece came flying back at me.. hit the windshield RIGHT in front of my face.. Luckily it didn't shatter, but SCARY as heck

SxyPrincess

This sorta thing really drives me nuts. Because of someone's laziness, some of us are forced to, as you said, Tater, "dodge" this white crap! It only takes 2 more minutes to clean off the entire car, not just your front and back windshield. :rolleyes:

K

Kain99

Sorry guys... I saw Tater and chunks and thought the thread was about Mr. Potato head, blowing chunks off the side of Christy's deck.

I'm outta this one because I'm guilty a sin! :frown:

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by tater
Did anyone get hit by any flying chunks of snow off people's cars or trucks? Crap, I must've dodged 50 or so in the last four days. I was pretty lucky and didn't get hit which is pretty good since I don't think my windshield could take much more. It's already cracked all the way across from the defroster.

:crazy:

Your not the only one. I thought that you could get pulled over if you did not get the chunks off your car?? But, yea, luckily you DIDNT get hit. One hit my windsheild, but did not damage

K

Kain99

Tell me about it ! Luggage Rack, 5:30 a.m. I thought I had an all clear, but 6 miles down the road "CRASH" felt bad but a little too late, I guess......

Lucky for me, my snow and ice hit the pavement. Unlucky for the poor lady I almost crushed!

Last edited by a moderator:
G

giggles04

Originally posted by Kain99
Tell me about it Yak! Luggage Rack, 5:30 a.m. I thought I had an all clear, but 6 miles down the road "CRASH" felt bad but a little too late, I guess......

Lucky for me, my snow and ice hit the pavement. Unlucky for the poor lady I almost crushed!

Well see, right now I have a fractured right wrist... and it was just really hard to try and get all that stuff off one handed while trying not to fall and break something else!

K

Kizzy

I drove all the way to Towson and all the way back dodging flying snow today.

I worked rotating shifts for years, and I worked with a guy who only cleared a round hole off of his front windshield when it snowed or it was icy in the morning. We would all look out the window and watch him in the morning.

Sorry Sonny I had to mention that, may you rest in peace.

red

the only time i had trouble with flying chunks of ice was when i was traveling too closely to the vehicle in front of me. i found that if i maintained a reasonable distance, this wasn't a problem.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Kain99
Sorry guys... I saw Tater and chunks and thought the thread was about Mr. Potato head, blowing chunks off the side of Christy's deck.

I'm outta this one because I'm guilty a sin! :frown:

:lmao:

I too am guilty. I am to short to reach the top of my SUV and no room to park in the garage because of the bikes.

My bad....

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
You all shouldn't be too worried about your gulit. Yesterday I saw sheets of ice and snow sliding off the top of a school bus. None of the bus tops were cleaned off either.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Hell that's the part, after the snow, I love most. :yay: :yay: :yay:

I ALWAYS clean off my vehichle leaving the snow on the hood, roof and trunk (or deck) so when I hit about 65mph it'll pick up in a huge sheet and take flight! At least for about 3 seconds before it crashes down behind me...

It gets the tailgaters to back off!

:biggrin:

tater

Originally posted by Kyle
Hell that's the part, after the snow, I love most. :yay: :yay: :yay:

I ALWAYS clean off my vehichle leaving the snow on the hood, roof and trunk (or deck) so when I hit about 65mph it'll pick up in a huge sheet and take flight! At least for about 3 seconds before it crashes down behind me...

Wow! You're right. I never thought about all the positives. :lmao::cool:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by tater
Wow! You're right. I never thought about all the positives. :lmao::cool:
See....

Always look on the bright side of life! :biggrin:

All together now... First verse! :lmao:

J

justhangn

Originally posted by Kyle

DING DING DING

Exactly my thoughts......people shouldn't be up your tailpipe, unless you're Rawhide in the making, and they wouldn't have to worry about being smacked by the white crap.

BTW, you won't find me clearing off the top of the hightop van.

yakky doodle

Ms. Voice of Reason here: Part of vehicle ownership is being responsible and maintaining your vehicle. This means keeping it clean and maintaining it so that it is not a hazard to other drivers on the road. Is clearing it of snow/ice any different than making sure your windshield wipers aren't dry-rotted, changing a burnt-out brake light or having your tires/brakes repaired/replaced when they are going out? If you can't maintain it, you shouldn't be driving it. :ohwell:

Okay, Ms. Voice of Reason has left the room now. Yakky has returned :biggrin: