Violin Caroling

dum_blonde

Hey, people. My friend and I are violinists-- and poor college students-- and we were wondering if anybody knows a good place for us to play Christmas duets, whether for a fee somewhere or on a sidewalk with an open case (more likely, I imagine). She's trying to contact Wal-Mart, Target, and Solomon's Pier... any other ideas?

Thanks for your help!

yakky doodle

I know the bums in the streets of D.C. don't even play music and make about 100 G's a year. Imagine what you can do if you find the right street corner!

Seriously, though, just make sure there aren't any "no loitering/soliciting" signs around. Nothing makes me wanna :bonk: someone more than when they do that. :ohwell:

good luck!

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:cool: I would recommend Solomon's Pier. They've also got a covered pavilion structure on the board walk, if it rains(snows?).

penn

dum_blonde

another thing

Thanks for all the ideas!

I thought I'd put this request in here, rather than start another thread... where can I do community service this weekend? I've been postponing like a mofo, so I kind of need to have 13 hours by, like, Monday.

SmallTown

Football season!
Re: another thing

Originally posted by dum_blonde
Thanks for all the ideas!

I thought I'd put this request in here, rather than start another thread... where can I do community service this weekend? I've been postponing like a mofo, so I kind of need to have 13 hours by, like, Monday.

Go to the rawhide thread, they can probably find some community service for you

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by dum_blonde
Hey, people. My friend and I are violinists-- and poor college students-- and we were wondering if anybody knows a good place for us to play Christmas duets, whether for a fee somewhere or on a sidewalk with an open case (more likely, I imagine). She's trying to contact Wal-Mart, Target, and Solomon's Pier... any other ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Hmmm...that depends.
When you're playing your violin, what are you wearing?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Making Beautiful Music

:wah: Way to go BK! I thought at first it was SmallTown asking the question about playing attire. Then I saw it was youand almost fell out of the chair!!:biggrin:

penn

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Re: Making Beautiful Music

Originally posted by penncam
:wah: Way to go BK! I thought at first it was SmallTown asking the question about playing attire. Then I saw it was youand almost fell out of the chair!!:biggrin:

penn

Thanks!
But she still hasn't answered...
:biggrin:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
A Barrel of Laughs

:biggrin: Alright, I can't wait to see the reply on this one BK! The mind conjures up all sorts of images, but somehow I'm probably not even close! Waiting...............

penn