50 beautiful American locations

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I'm a sucker for these travel lists. I have a goal of getting Vrai to come up with a new travel bucket list. She crossed off her last 'must see' location when we went to the Grand Canyon.

This list has a bunch of the usual spots and a few lesser know locations. 50 must see places

1 place that pleasantly surprised me last summer was a place called Lee's Ferry. I wanted to go fishing. Vrai stayed back in Flagstaff while I ran up there. I have to say, it was a spectacular sight. Most people use that location to begin their white water rafting trip down the Colorado river. I even managed to catch a few fish once I figured out where they might be hiding.

But I doubt you'll find Lee's Ferry on anyone's must see destinations.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I can cross off:

Big Sur, California
Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks, California
Haleakalā National Park, Maui, Hawaii
Horseshoe Bend, Grand Canyon, Arizona
Na Pali Coast, Kauai, Hawaii
Joshua Tree National Park, Mojave Desert, California
Antelope Valley, California
Natural Bridge, Virginia
The Berkshires, Massachusetts
Shenandoah National Park, Virginia
Lake Tahoe, California and Nevada
Yosemite National Park, California
Monument Valley, Arizona
The Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina
Cannon Beach, Oregon

black dog

Free America
i'm in love with Colorado. contemplating moving out there. just got back. going again in june.

Two of my parents have kept a second home in Breckenridge for the past 40 years or so, my younger brother went skiing after he graduated college and never came back.
He has a ranch outside of Leadville, he likes lots of snow.

nobody really

I need a nap
Two of my parents have kept a second home in Breckenridge for the past 40 years or so, my younger brother went skiing after he graduated college and never came back.
He has a ranch outside of Leadville, he likes lots of snow.
I love it out there!! Leadville is the highest town in the US. I just got back from snowshoeing and xcountry skiing out there. I saw string cheese incident in Breckenridge last new years eve. I'm ready to bounce out of maryland

black dog

Free America
I love it out there!! Leadville is the highest town in the US. I just got back from snowshoeing and xcountry skiing out there. I saw string cheese incident in Breckenridge last new years eve. I'm ready to bounce out of maryland

I have always loved Breckenridge, we all are skiers especially my sfather.
They own one of the Victorians as a rental up behind Fattys and a log monster up higher just outside of town. I really loved it and Jackson Hole 20-30 years ago before they became super popular. Kinna like Annapolis 40 years ago.

nobody really

I need a nap
yeah, i'm heading back in June. Gonna start applying for govt jobs out there. They said RMNP got 3.5 million visitors in fy17, and 6.7 million in fy18. My bucket list is to climb Longs Peak, a 14'er in the park. Maybe in June. They say don't go in July/August it is literally a traffic jam thru the park. Its just so beautiful out there.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
i'm in love with Colorado. contemplating moving out there. just got back. going again in june.
I'm this way with northern Arizona. There is a lot of scenic beauty. Other than Sedona, most of it isn't overrun with humanity. They do need a few more lakes though. It's pretty dry & dusty.

black dog

Free America
My sfather was a hiker up until a few years ago, hes 84 now.
He would be in the 100 thousand club each year once he was retired.
None of us ever snowshoed or cross country skiied except my sfather.
Im a downhiller, and im normally done by lunch...