We Need This Law in Maryland

blacklabman

Read a sidebar article on the Fox News site that Virginia has a law that if you see someone throwing a cigarette from the car you call a number and report; car type and color, license plate, location and time of the incident. The owner of the car gets mailed a ticket for $50.00. The caller is kept anonymous.

To prevent false reports, I suspect that if the charged person can prove he/she was elsewhere, the person placing the call could be charged with making a false police report.

I think $100.00 is even better.

Perhaps if someone in politics reads this, they may take action.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
That's the stupidest law ever.

So someone cuts me off and I call in and say that they threw a cig out the window. They were certainley on the road at the time in question weren't they? Whatever happened to being able to face ones accuser?

cholo

¡Tengo una tarjeta verde!
I'm not a smoker, and I don't like it when I someone flick their butt out either, particularly when it hits my car. But I woult NOT want to see Maryland start issuing tickets on the word of some anonymous tattletale. Why let it go at butt-flicking? Why not let citizens report speeders, red light runners, lane weavers, and people who don't use their turn signals and automatically send the alleged violator a speeding ticket in the mail and force them to prove they were acting within the law?

K

Kizzy

vraiblonde said:

:roflmao:

Pix,

What is really stupid is that "the caller is kept anonymous," so if I hate your guts or visa versa, well, you get the point.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Kizzy said:
:roflmao:

Pix,

What is really stupid is that "the caller is kept anonymous," so if I hate your guts or visa versa, well, you get the point.

I tell you what.... If they did pass this law there'd be a whole lot of people getting tickets. :whistle:

ylexot

Super Genius
pixiegirl said:
I tell you what.... If they did pass this law there'd be a whole lot of people getting tickets. :whistle:
They state is probably fine with that. They get $50 per ticket. Think of the revenues....

K

Kizzy

I wonder if you dump your ash tray out the window if they charge you $50 bucks each? :shrug:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
While driving along, can you call in and complain about someone talking on the phone while driving and not get a ticket yourself? :confused:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
RoseRed said:
While driving along, can you call in and complain about someone talking on the phone while driving and not get a ticket yourself? :confused:
:lol: Maybe you should take a picture of yourself with your camera phone showing that you are talking hands-free.

K

Kain99

This is a logistical nightmare. The law will never stick. Really....

willie

blacklabman said:
Read a sidebar article on the Fox News site that Virginia has a law that if you see someone throwing a cigarette from the car you call a number and report; car type and color, license plate, location and time of the incident. The owner of the car gets mailed a ticket for $50.00. The caller is kept anonymous.

To prevent false reports, I suspect that if the charged person can prove he/she was elsewhere, the person placing the call could be charged with making a false police report.

I think $100.00 is even better.

Perhaps if someone in politics reads this, they may take action.
You have to be mistaken. A link?