More Sirens in Great Mills?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:confused: Hey, here we go again with the firehouse sirens going off since about 7:00pm tonight. Emergency vehicles racing back and forth, lights and wah- ooh, wah-oohs gone crazy! It's probably either a house fire or an accident.
Anybody either hear the commotion or have any information on this?

penn

K

Kain99

I don't know what's going on in Great Mills.... Maybe somebody finally lobbed thebig one over on my ex buttheads house... At least I hope so.

This is sign Penn.... Move to the North end of the County! :biggrin:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Originally posted by Kain99
I don't know what's going on in Great Mills.... Maybe somebody finally lobbed thebig one over on my ex buttheads house... At least I hope so.

This is sign Penn.... Move to the North end of the County! :biggrin:

:cheers: It's been quiet for maybe a half hour now, maybe they did get your exs' shed, rubbed him out! You mean this might be an omen??

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

penn

K

Kizzy

Well the sirens are probably because people drive with their heads up their arse this time of year.

We have had 4 fatals on state roads in Charles County for the month of December so far. That IS a high number. :frown:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by penncam
:confused: Hey, here we go again with the firehouse sirens going off since about 7:00pm tonight. Emergency vehicles racing back and forth, lights and wah- ooh, wah-oohs gone crazy! It's probably either a house fire or an accident.

penn

There was a site that used to have the St. Mary's Fire and Police transmissions. I think it was http://www.prestons.org/
Not sure if it is still up or not. I definately can't get to it through the firewall here on base.

Makavide

Not too talkative

penn

Coming out of Greenview Knolls ES last night, after their "holiday concert" one of the fire trucks was going down the street lights and horns ablazing with Santa Claus wlking with it to greet the kids.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Santa and His Firetruck

Originally posted by Mountain MaMa
Could be Santa Claus on the fire truck. They visit diferent neighborhoods, They were in Greenview Knolls last night..
Ok, that might have been it. I live across the way from there, and that was probably what the commotion was all
about. Thanks I feel like a kid crying wolf, wolf! Never entered my mind it might be for the kids benefit! I hope that's all it was.

penn

K

Kizzy

Holster Sniffers
:lol:

Actually a Holster Sniffer is a woman who wants to be around the police. She usually likes the handcuffs.

Well you can add 1 more to the list of fatals in Charles County. A pedistrian got whacked at 6 and 488 last night.

K

Kain99

Yeah Kim, I know what a Holster sniffer is... Not that I was ever called one or anything. :frown:

SxyPrincess

Originally posted by IM4Change

Well you can add 1 more to the list of fatals in Charles County. A pedistrian got whacked at 6 and 488 last night.

Really? I was traveling on 488 at approximately 8 pm last nite. I can tell you I didn't see anything.

K

Kizzy

Not that I was ever called one or anything

:lol: You are too sweet for that and not the type.

I can tell you I didn't see anything

I am sure the driver that struck the pedistrian said the same thing. I think the accident was much later than that.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
More Sirens

Originally posted by Ken King
There was a site that used to have the St. Mary's Fire and Police transmissions. I think it was http://www.prestons.org/
Not sure if it is still up or not. I definately can't get to it through the firewall here on base.

Thanks, Ken; it's still up and running. The only thing is you have to have a scanner and hook it up to your sound card to make the feature work. However there was a local news segment
available on the site, and that may prove interesting

penn

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
It started off being the Santa Claus runs last night, then just before 8:00 PM, Bay District was dispatched to an apartment fire in Greenview West.

BYW...Bay District has a list of their Santa Claus runs on their website...lets you know what neighborhood they'll be in on what night....

www.bdvfd.org

Ken King

PREMO Member
Re: More Sirens

Thanks, Ken; it's still up and running. The only thing is you have to have a scanner and hook it up to your sound card to make the feature work. However there was a local news segment
available on the site, and that may prove interesting

penn
When I used it it came right through the media player and I let it run in the background while surfing. Guess things have changed.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
More Sirens

Originally posted by Ken King
When I used it it came right through the media player and I let it run in the background while surfing. Guess things have changed.

Well, it's possible I'm not doing something right: I'll check back into it and let you know what I find.

penn

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
They'll be at it again on the 14th

Originally posted by Voter2002
It started off being the Santa Claus runs last night, then just before 8:00 PM, Bay District was dispatched to an apartment fire in Greenview West.

BYW...Bay District has a list of their Santa Claus runs on their website...lets you know what neighborhood they'll be in on what night....

www.bdvfd.org

Thanks voter2002, at 6:00pm tomorrow night, it'll be going on again on Chancellors Run Rd with the Bay District FDs. That's cool, thanks again for the heads up!

penn

Ken King

PREMO Member
Opening the scanner online if the link doesn't work. Open your Windows media player (or similar device). Directly open location, type without quotes "http://www.prestons.org/scanner/listen.asx" . It should buffer up and away you go.