Souther MD construction nightmare

jeneisen

Indy Bound
I need to complain and vent a little. On my in to work this morning I got stuck in all this construction crap. I was coming from Cedar Cove and at the light at the main gate the construction crew just started putting out cones right in the busiest time of the morning. I had to sit and wait for 20 minutes. What ever happened to doing night construction? I will be so glad when its all over. I have tar over my car, my tires are getting wore down faster and they block off parts of the road that isn't even being worked on. Is it just me or does anyone else feel my pain?

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Nah, anyone driving around Pax feels your pain, I'm sure. I'm thankful that I only have to go onsite 2 or 3 times per week, max. Other than that, I steer clear of that area when I can.

SeaRide

Sxy , YES, any commute to D.C. is bad. I used to commute 1 hr 15 min one way to D.C. thru constructions on Suitland Pkwy, I295, and on I395 to Crystal City. Now that's what I call painful.
Jeneisen, 20 minutes waiting is nothing compare to what I went through during 13 yrs of commute to D.C. I am even blessed to commute to the base with little bit of construction on rt 235.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by SxyPrincess
And I thought my hour and 15 minute commute into D.C. was bad. :rolleyes:

I have a long commute too, I drive from Laurel to Pax for now, at least until our house is finished. Luckily, the way in to work is a fairly smooth commute. On the way home there is always more traffic, but that's to be expected.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
When I left the base today at 3pm, they were paving in the northbound lanes and backed up from ManTech all the way up to Chancelloer's Run! :burning: Probably worse now!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Then there was Cornrow girl that HAD to cut me off. She was gettin down wit her bad self in her front seat so much that I thought, perhaps, there was something else in her seat with her. :eek: :lmao:

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by RoseRed
Then there was Cornrow girl that HAD to cut me off. She was gettin down wit her bad self in her front seat so much that I thought, perhaps, there was something else in her seat with her. :eek: :lmao:

Cornrow?

H

Heretic

Yesterday there was orange barrels blowing arround on the southbound lane causing quite a mess.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by SmallTown
ohhh.. ok.. thought it was some new PC term for redneck..
No, I wasn't trying to correctly insult someone, just describing her hair.

SeaRide

Originally posted by SmallTown
ohhh.. ok.. thought it was some new PC term for redneck..
new PC term for redneck ?? *shaking my head* :weak:
Smalltown, don't bother explaining how you came up with that!

Last edited:

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by SeaRide
new PC term for redneck ?? *shaking my head* :weak:
Smalltown, don't bother explaining how you came up with that!

Who knows these days.. The term SMIB makes about as much sence, so you never know what people will come up with next

K

Kain99

Barely maintaining her composure Kain explains: :twitch:

SMIB = Southern Maryland Inbred

SMIB for Dummies= Families that are so large, they can't help but inter- marry at some point!

Examples:

Raley
Thomas
Tennyson
Dement
Hill
Cusic
Trossbach
etc...............

It makes sense, ya just gotta leave the living room to get it!

SmallTown

Football season!
SMIB is an odd things in itself. I remember first coming here and being told about it.. Not from other imports trying to put down the area, but from locals.. They went on to say that for all the reaons the "imports" don't like SMIBs, the locals REALLY don't like the SMIBS because it really gives all the locals a bad name.. They also said that eventhough there are some majorly backwards people who fit the term, they refrain from using it in fear of casting a bad light on themselves.. They just ignore them and go on with their lives because as backwards as they may be, they are normally pretty harmless.. So I followed there lead.. Growing up about 30 mins from what was once considered the moonshine capital of the world, I learned at an early age to just leave them alone and everything is ok (and if you're nice, they give you free jars of their finest!)

K

Kain99

Look very closely at the list Smalltown... I am a Dement! Locals hate the term because it applies! :biggrin:

Moonshine or not, there's something to be said and had by knowing these families.

Really....

jeneisen

Indy Bound
A 20 minute commute isn't bad but when you live 5 minutes away and you sit at a light for 20 minutes and it takes you 45 to get to work is bad. I can get there between 5-7 minutes everyday including lights before all this construction crap. I just wish they would do it at night.