DynCorp

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Does anyone here work for DynCorp? Know where their offices are in Lex Park? We (CSC) just bought them and I'm thinking this might be a good way for me to get a job down at Pax without actually having to change companies.

jeneisen

Indy Bound
I don't work for them but I have a bunch of close friends who do. As far as the contractors are concerned, (from what I have been told) Dyncorp is the most strict about watching your hours and stuff and they don't pay very much at all. I could be wrong but 4 different people have said the same thing. They hate it and are looking for something else. Some of my favorite contractors are Veridian, EMA, Mantech and Booz-Allen. All laid back evnvironments and treat you like adults.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
I think you should look into it, Pix. I've had several people tell me crappy things about various contractors that I've interviewed with - and when I went they had great bene's, offered me good $$, and everyone was nice. You won't know till you try. I work for Jorge Scientific and I think it's cool here...laid back, friendly, etc... But not everyone who works here might agree. To each his own, I say!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by pixiegirl
Does anyone here work for DynCorp? Know where their offices are in Lex Park? We (CSC) just bought them and I'm thinking this might be a good way for me to get a job down at Pax without actually having to change companies.
21841 3 Notch Road
Lexington Park, MD 20653

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Oh one thing you can do is get a list of all the contractors and addresses. Right outside of the base in one of the building they offer it. I them made into mailing labels in Word if you are interested. What I do is send a copy of my resume to all of them and usually you will get a few bites. This is a crappy time of year though. It might help. PM me if you are interested.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Jet, it's not going to be DynCorp anymore, it's CSC. Plan A is lagging again! :mad: I was just considering a transfer to Pax then exploring other options from there.

yakky doodle

actually, it's BRAC --Base Realignment And Closure commission. when uncle sam reviews bases for possible downsizing or closure to "save taxpayer dollars"

Last edited:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
There's a lotta options down here, depending on your degree and salary requirements. We get a ton of resumes every month. Of course you could always try the govt., too, but don't you know PAX is on the BRAK list?!?

Actually, I'm waiting for Jet to finally give in and marry me so that I can stay at home and pop out his babies! :biggrin:

K

Kimmy

My husband works for Dyncorp/CSC in one of the hangers at Pax. He is loves it down there. (Better than the last job that he was at) There benefits are great and the pay is good. I just don't like the shift work. (4 months of days and 4 months of evenings.) He has heard rumors of a $2.00 pay increase when CSC takes over. Don't know how true it is but it would be nice.