Brit's err

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Ken King said:
Can't really blame them with what they are dealing with. If the guy just didn't run.
"There is only one sure way to stop a suicide bomber determined to fulfill his mission -- destroy his brain instantly, utterly. That means shooting him with devastating power in the head, killing him immediately." No confusion there. I believe they acted justly; he was supposedly wearing suspicious clothing and behaved defiantly. It is strange, though, that they initially declared with pretty high certainty that he was a terrorist, and it took a full day for them to overturn that judgment.

Triggerfish

We have increased security on the base too and we have people act defiantly and a pain in the a$$ when we have increased vehichle inspections and ID checks.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Triggerfish said:
We have increased security on the base too and we have people act defiantly and a pain in the a$$ when we have increased vehichle inspections and ID checks.
Shoot to kill, as far as I'm concerned. Anyone worth having in this world understands why there is increased security on military installations. Anyone else...:shrug: too bad for them.

Mikeinsmd

Triggerfish said:
I hope when you get one of those "PITA's", you take your time searching their vehicle... Just to pizz em off more!! :lol:

Triggerfish

vraiblonde said:
Shoot to kill.

That's what we are only authorized to do. One of the rules of engagements are to point our firearms only if we intend to destroy it. The idea is to shoot center mass (ie torso). No, warning shots, shoot to kill. No trying to shoot in the legs or arms to disarm. With a handgun, shooting someone's limbs are more difficuly than most people who have never fired a handgun thinks. If they're worth shooting at, usually they're worth killing.

Last edited:

Triggerfish

Mikeinsmd said:
I hope when you get one of those "PITA's", you take your time searching their vehicle... Just to pizz em off more!! :lol:

If they're being uncooperative it may mean they're hiding something.

BTW don't bring a lighter that looks like a firearm onto the base. If you do, let the person searching the vehichle know about it.

Last edited:

ylexot

Super Genius
Triggerfish said:
I really don't understand people like that. If you are actually friendly to security and follow their instructions, you'll be done in no time. If you're a PITA, it will take longer.

rack'm

Jaded
I don't blame the Brits at all.......you run from the cops, wearing a coat in the HEAT of summer, jumping over turnstyles.......you deserve the lead they feed you.

Triggerfish said:
If they're being uncooperative it may mean they're hiding something.

BTW don't bring a lighter that looks like a firearm onto the base. If you do, let the person searching the vehichle know about it.

Thanks for the info. How would one find out what is OK to have in your vehicke and what is not? About the only rule I've seen posted is about firearms and cameras.

Triggerfish

desertrat said:
Thanks for the info. How would one find out what is OK to have in your vehicke and what is not? About the only rule I've seen posted is about firearms and cameras.

It's not really a problem to have legal firearms as long you tell the sentry. If it is registered on the base you can take it with you. If it isn't you will need to leave it at the DOD police HQ and pick it up on the way out. Anything illegal off base will also be illegal on the base. Bowie knives are definately no no. If you have any doubts tell the sentry especially if they are about to search your vehichle. It will save us and you trouble since we have to handcuff you if you have certain contrabands or what appears to be contrabands.

We'd like to keep the traffic running smoothly and not inconvenience you but this is necessary. You don't have to like it but you need to cooperate. If you really don't like it I suggest you find a job elsewhere. We don't want problems. It's blunt but it doesn't make it any less true.

If any of the gates is closed when it is not supposed to be, it probably means that someone tried to bring in a contraband or what appears to be a contraband.

Last edited:
Triggerfish said:
It's not really a problem to have legal firearms as long you tell the sentry. If it is registered on the base you can take it with you. If it isn't you will need to leave it at the DOD police HQ and pick it up on the way out. Anything illegal off base will also be illegal on the base. Bowie knives are definately no no. If you have any doubts tell the sentry especially if they are about to search your vehichle. It will save us and you trouble since we have to handcuff you if you have certain contrabands or what appears to be contrabands.

We'd like to keep the traffic running smoothly and not inconvenience you but this is necessary. You don't have to like it but you need to cooperate. If you really don't like it I suggest you find a job elsewhere. We don't want problems. It's blunt but it doesn't make it any less true.

If any of the gates is closed when it is not supposed to be, it probably means that someone tried to bring in a contraband or what appears to be a contraband.

O.K. I don't carry firearms so no problem there, but I,ve always had a hunting knife as well as other tools. Is there a blade size limit or anything?

Triggerfish

desertrat said:
O.K. I don't carry firearms so no problem there, but I,ve always had a hunting knife as well as other tools. Is there a blade size limit or anything?

Anyone know the blade size limit in this state?