bayridge estates

letsmove

great place to live or what? I am about to buy a house at bay ridge estates. which are in great mills. how are the schools there ?

K

Kain99

Hey letsmove... where are you coming from? St. Marys County is a wonderful place to live. How far along are you in the process of buying your home? Depending on exactly where your moving in Great Mills... the schools may have a questionable reputation.

redfish

I have some friends who bought there. They like it. Had problems with the house, but the builder seems to be working on fixing it.
Schools? Now that's the tough one. That neighborhood is currently zoned for Park Hall Elementary, Spring Ridge Middle, and Great Mills High. My experience with elementary schools here is it all depends on the teacher you get. My child has had some great years, and I attribute it to the teachers, but this year has been kind of rocky. The county is going to take up re-zoning, so that neighborhood may, or may not, change schools. There's no telling.

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
The proposed redistricting is out & on the school administration website.

Bay Ridge is proposed to be redistricted as follows:

Elementary school: Currently: Park Hall - proposed: Carver :barf:

Middle school: remains Spring Ridge Middle

High school: remains Great Mills High

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
Here is the county's school website...

http://www.smcps.k12.md.us/

Look on the left side of the page, there should be a link to the GMAC meeting minutes, then get the meeting minutes from November 19th (I think?).

I tried to look again today, but the website wouldn't load (maybe it is also on winter break!).

GMAC is the Growth Management Advisory Committee.