bumble bees

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Hi i was wondering if anyone knows how to get rid of bumble bees? we have them hanging around our pool....thank you!!

Mikeinsmd

mv_princess said:
Hi i was wondering if anyone knows how to get rid of bumble bees? we have them hanging around our pool....thank you!!
They build nests in wood. Look for a hole a lil smaller than a dime. I have a few at my house & am curious hor to get rid of them too. Wasp & Hornet spray might help

Bogart

Mikeinsmd said:
They build nests in wood. Look for a hole a lil smaller than a dime. I have a few at my house & am curious hor to get rid of them too. Wasp & Hornet spray might help
Negative
Carpenter bees nest in wood.
To get rid of them, you have to move.
Bumble bees nest in the ground.
Just leave them alone, they won't bother you.

Mikeinsmd

Bogart said:
Negative
Carpenter bees nest in wood.
To get rid of them, you have to move.
Well I've seen the lil black & yellow fokkers crawling in & out of the holes in the wood. I aint movin either.... :lol:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Mikeinsmd said:
Well I've seen the lil black & yellow fokkers crawling in & out of the holes in the wood. I aint movin either.... :lol:
If you leave them alone, like Bogie said, you should be fine. They will hardly ever attack unless in packs.:lol: Every year they will drill holes in our garage and my father will go out to work while my mother protects him from the packs with her purple fly swatter.

Bogart

Mikeinsmd said:
Yeah, those are carpenter bees. When I lived in a wood sided house they drove me insane. You could actually hear them grinding away when you were the only one home. Google carpenter or wood bees.

Mikeinsmd

BuddyLee said:
If you leave them alone, like Bogie said, you should be fine. They will hardly ever attack unless in packs.:lol: Every year they will drill holes in our garage and my father will go out to work while my mother protects him from the packs with her purple fly swatter.
I don't have any problem with the bumbles but I need to stop either the carpenter bee or the bumble, whichever is drilling holes in my house. Starting to look like swiss cheese.... :lmao:

Mikeinsmd

Bogart said:
Yeah, those are carpenter bees. When I lived in a wood sided house they drove me insane. You could actually hear them grinding away when you were the only one home. Google carpenter or wood bees.
Will do!! Thanks!! :yay:

willie

Carpenter Bees can do some big damage. I wouldn't waste time getting rid of them. Bare wood is especially vulnerable. If I remember correctly, Bumble Bees have a hairy butt and Carpenter Bees are shiny.

Vince

Bogart said:
Negative
Just don't stand near their hole in the ground unless you want to get attacked and have the crap stung out of you.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
elaine said:
They're attracted to the water. Empty the pool.

the summer isnt over...and they are more by the ladder to get into the pool....we can't move, and we wont take down the pool until october...i was hoping there was something we could do....thank you guys for your help...we will try the hairspray thing...is there anyway to get them to leave the ladder alone? I mean it doesnt look like a bumble bee.........

mv_princess said:
the summer isnt over...and they are more by the ladder to get into the pool....we can't move, and we wont take down the pool until october...i was hoping there was something we could do....thank you guys for your help...we will try the hairspray thing...is there anyway to get them to leave the ladder alone? I mean it doesnt look like a bumble bee.........

Stop sunbathing covered in honey!!! OR...paint your ladder to look like something that eats bumble bees, like a bigger bumble bee. Then the little bees will be scared cause a new, huge, bumble bee is in town and they will clear out :yay:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
thakidistight said:
Stop sunbathing covered in honey!!! OR...paint your ladder to look like something that eats bumble bees, like a bigger bumble bee. Then the little bees will be scared cause a new, huge, bumble bee is in town and they will clear out :yay:

i tend to believe there is something wrong with you....
But the honey gives me the best tan.......