Who do YOU blame?

citysherry

I Need a Beer
An autopsy ruled the boys suffocated, dying between 13 and 33 hours after climbing into the car.

That's a hugh gap in time of 20 hours. I thought time of death could be narrowed down to within 2 to 4 hours.

Why did the parent wait so long before calling police in the first place. :confused:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
elaine said:
Why didn't they climb back out?
That's exactly what I was thinking after reading the article. If they got in that way, why couldn't they just get back out the same way? :confused:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
nomoney said:
maybe the seats were folded down; and they pulled them up latching them or something :shrug:
I recall someone started a poll about the worst/scariest ways to die, months ago.

Does this score near the top?

Can't get out, for one reason or another. All you can do is hope somebody notices you're missing. :frown:

B

Bruzilla

I think this is one of the top ten most retarted stories of all time! Why didn't police search the trunk of a car? Could it be because most cases of child abduction require an immediate expanding search to cut off the flight of an abuductor? I can just imagine the next headline being "Two Children Abducted, Taken Across State And Killed, As Police Waste Time Opening Local Car Trunks". And why would the parents immediately call the police? I'm the parent of three kids, and if I called the cops everytime I didn't know where they were for three hours I would be the poster child for abuse of law enforcement. I would like to meet the parent of some kid who calls the cops everytime junior doesn't get within eye-shot every hour.

This is one of those cases of Crap Happens, and that some doofs are trying to play the hindsight blame game is as bad as the death of the kids.

Ponytail

Bruzilla said:
...This is one of those cases of Crap Happens, and that some doofs are trying to play the hindsight blame game is as bad as the death of the kids.

Scary, but this is the way I feel about it. No matter what effort is put forth to keep stuff from happening, stuff will still happen. Laws and procedures do nothing but provide scapegoats in certain instances such as this.

Imagine how the person has to feel that opened the trunk looking for jumper cables only to find the kids 2 days after they were reported missing.

citysherry

I Need a Beer
Bruzilla said:
...I didn't know where they were for three hours I would be the poster child for abuse of law enforcement...

Maybe your kids are older but two of those little boys were only 5 and 6 years old. I would have been on the phone to police way sooner than 3 hours after they went missing. With that having been said, would calling the police sooner have changed the outcome of events...probably not because you're right...crap happens.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Why are the cops getting blame for not searching the trunk, the parents didn't look there either, they should know where their kids play more than the cops would. The only blame here if you can assign any should go to the parents for not teaching the kids not to go in play in trunks, old refrigerators or anything else like that, that you could get locked in. I know I am not the only one here that was told as a child not to play in those specific places.

Last edited:

willie

The report is a big case of CYA. The fact that one of the mommas got a lawyer says it all.

Peter M. Villari, attorney for one of the boy's mothers, said the report did not give a good explanation of why the car trunk was not examined.

Bogart

It's THEIR car, THEY should have looked in the trunk. The city should sue THEM for all that wasted effort. Sounds like Camden has a tard hive to me.

ocean733

citysherry said:
Why did the parent wait so long before calling police in the first place. :confused:
...two of those little boys were only 5 and 6 years old. I would have been on the phone to police way sooner than 3 hours after they went missing.
It's a horrible thing to happen. Why were these young children out of the parents' sight for that long?

I'm assuming they got in the trunk while playing and didn't know how to get back out.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
meangirl said:
"There's enough blame to go around -- the city, the police and the family," said Camden County Prosecutor Vincent P. Sarubbi."
I think the above says it all...
:yeahthat: