Teen Rapper Expelled Over Lyrics; ACLU Sues School District

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
meangirl said:
PITTSBURGH -- A 14-year-old rap fan was expelled from school after posting lyrics on the Internet which allegedly contain threats, police said.
The kid's obviously a doof and doesn't realize where his current lifestyle will lead... so the better punishment would be a few days spent in the closest prison to show him. (Not as a true inmate, but as a "scared straight" subject.)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That kid looks like an idiot. But I find it interesting that the school would get involved in something that is clearly out of their jurisdiction. The ACLU doesn't have any business messing in it because death threats aren't protected under free speech. However, law enforcement might have a word with the kid.

I

icebaby1111

hvp05 said:
The kid's obviously a doof and doesn't realize where his current lifestyle will lead... so the better punishment would be a few days spent in the closest prison to show him. (Not as a true inmate, but as a "scared straight" subject.)

Totally agree with this.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
vraiblonde said:
That kid looks like an idiot. But I find it interesting that the school would get involved in something that is clearly out of their jurisdiction. The ACLU doesn't have any business messing in it because death threats aren't protected under free speech. However, law enforcement might have a word with the kid.

The school administration may have felt that threatening another student in a public forum was sufficient to expel him. Agree that the AntiChristianLawyersUnion getting involved is suspicious.