Roses coming back, St. Mary's Square gets new life?

BuddyLee

Football addict
I read something in the Emptyprise about Roses taking over the old Ames store. The owners of the shopping center are supposed to clean and remodel the shopping center as well, all this Fall. Roses closed down in the early 90's in Wildewoody I believe.

R

remaxrealtor

BuddyLee said:
I read something in the Emptyprise about Roses taking over the old Ames store. The owners of the shopping center are supposed to clean and remodel the shopping center as well, all this Fall. Roses closed down in the early 90's in Wildewoody I believe.

It makes sense for someone to finally take advantage of the free enterprise credits being offered in Lexington Park. However, I think residents in general, but especially new residents have to feel comfortable with the area before they will begin to take their business there. There's just not a warm, fuzzy feeling in LP City. I used to go to a nail salon down there, which I really liked, but stopped going to because I was made uncomfortable by people hanging around outside and talking trash when I went in and out. How can you ask people to invest in the location when the patrons won't come?

BuddyLee

Football addict
remaxrealtor said:
It makes sense for someone to finally take advantage of the free enterprise credits being offered in Lexington Park. However, I think residents in general, but especially new residents have to feel comfortable with the area before they will begin to take their business there. There's just not a warm, fuzzy feeling in LP City. I used to go to a nail salon down there, which I really liked, but stopped going to because I was made uncomfortable by people hanging around outside and talking trash when I went in and out. How can you ask people to invest in the location when the patrons won't come?
Don't they have a Sheriff's station there too?:lmao:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Sharon said:
They did a couple years ago, not sure if it's till there.
It's still there, but it doesn't do much good. I don't go there at all unless I have some hankering for Greek food from Niko's. :yum:

R

remaxrealtor

BuddyLee said:
Don't they have a Sheriff's station there too?:lmao:

No sh1at! That's exactly what I was thinking when I read about the big drug bust in the parking lot of Buffalo Wings and Beer. Bold or stupid... :confused:

S

Sassygirl

Barbra said:
SMCSO District 1 Station in St. Mary's Square is not a continually manned station.

Your right it is not continually manned.

I go to Pro Fitness in the Square and I don't have any problems with people hanging out on that side of the Square. But I know what your talking about with people hanging out over my the nail place, I think that is the reason my mom stopped going there as well. A bunch of nasty people standing out there making comments to everyone walking in or out of one of the shops on that side.
Didn't Roses go out of business in Wildwood? What makes them think they will do any better in the Square? :confused:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Sassygirl said:
I go to Pro Fitness in the Square and I don't have any problems with people hanging out on that side of the Square.

That's 'cuz they know they'll get their ass kicked by some bruiser from Pro Fitness.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
jazz lady said:
It's still there, but it doesn't do much good. I don't go there at all unless I have some hankering for Greek food from Niko's. :yum:
FYI - don't get hungry for Greek until after Labor Day. Niko is in Greece.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
bresamil said:
FYI - don't get hungry for Greek until after Labor Day. Niko is in Greece.
I heard that. They've been taking off a lot this year and the place has been closed more times than it's been open when I've gone by there.