56%

transporter

Since polls are now acceptable given comrade GURPS' love fest yesterday about polling regarding Nancy Pelosi, this was released this morning:

Q: If Donald Trump wins the Republican nomination for president would you definitely vote for him in the general election for president in 2016, would you consider voting for him or would you definitely not vote for him?
Hide Results
Detailed View

Definitely would vote for: 28%

Would consider voting for: 14

Definitely would NOT vote for:56

No opinion: 1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/page...tics/Polling/release_542.xml?tid=a_inl_manual

The Ann Coulters of the world wonder why Donald Trump is such a failure? This is why. The man has no juice and he has no juice because instead of governing the country he spends his time listening to people like Ann Coulter and he only speaks to his base. Who he actually governs for is becoming a more interesting question as most of his policies are hurting portions of the very same people who claim such bling allegiance to him.

Naturally, those number could change, Trump still has about 20 months to expand his base beyond the spitbubble types. The reality however is that he has made no effort at all to do that in the past 3 1/2 years so it is unlikely he will change.

This_person

Since polls are now acceptable given comrade GURPS' love fest yesterday about polling regarding Nancy Pelosi, this was released this morning:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/page...tics/Polling/release_542.xml?tid=a_inl_manual

The Ann Coulters of the world wonder why Donald Trump is such a failure? This is why. The man has no juice and he has no juice because instead of governing the country he spends his time listening to people like Ann Coulter and he only speaks to his base. Who he actually governs for is becoming a more interesting question as most of his policies are hurting portions of the very same people who claim such bling allegiance to him.

Naturally, those number could change, Trump still has about 20 months to expand his base beyond the spitbubble types. The reality however is that he has made no effort at all to do that in the past 3 1/2 years so it is unlikely he will change.

I believe you should not think for yourself, but just follow the polls. I'm sure it was likely you were going to vote for Trump, and now you should not, because a poll said other people say two years before an election that they won't.

SamSpade

"The politicians have again chosen this Presidential pigmy as their nominee."

That of course, was said of *Lincoln", in the New York press. His own general, McClellan, ran against him
as a Democrat, calling him a coward, an idiot and "the original gorilla". He was so detested by the press
across the country that he not only lost elections after his own, but his mid-terms were among the worst
in American history. The press called him a "yahoo". Celebrities of the day claimed they would leave the
country if he was re-elected.

Sumner said of him "
[FONT=&quot]“There is a strong feeling among those who have seen Mr. Lincoln, in the way of
business, that he lacks practical talent for his important place. It is thought that there should be more
readiness, and also more capacity, for government.” This was a fellow Republican.

Of his Gettysburg Address a Pennsylvania paper wrote "[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“We pass over the silly remarks of the President.
For the credit of the nation we are willing that the veil of oblivion shall be dropped over them, and they
shall be no more repeated or thought of.

Historically, there's no greater gulf in American history - except possibly for Truman - between how a
President was regarded in his lifetime versus how he is revered in history. Remember that the North had
draft riots - his 1864 opponent ran on the platform of "The War is a Failure - Peace Now!" - a general
who had prosecuted the war. His war effort was to them, a failure. Hated by his own party.

I won't imagine that Trump is Lincoln or will be remembered as warmly. But Lincoln was widely portrayed
in the NORTHERN press as an idiotic bumpkin, an uncouth man whose jokes were stupid and who ought
to go back to rasslin', since he clearly had no skill as even a lawyer.

Public opinion should never be the sole lens of examining the value of a President. It's often wrong,
and pretty God-damned fickle.[/FONT]

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Since polls are now acceptable given comrade GURPS' love fest yesterday about polling regarding Nancy Pelosi, this was released this morning

ah huh ...

OVER Sampled As Per Usual ....

32% Democrat
24% Republican
37% Independents

and the 'independents polled always LEAN Left

This_person

That of course, was said of *Lincoln", in the New York press. His own general, McClellan, ran against him
as a Democrat, calling him a coward, an idiot and "the original gorilla". He was so detested by the press
across the country that he not only lost elections after his own, but his mid-terms were among the worst
in American history. The press called him a "yahoo". Celebrities of the day claimed they would leave the

Sumner said of him "
[FONT="]“There is a strong feeling among those who have seen Mr. Lincoln, in the way of
business, that he lacks practical talent for his important place. It is thought that there should be more
readiness, and also more capacity, for government.” This was a fellow Republican.

Of his Gettysburg Address a Pennsylvania paper wrote "[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]“We pass over the silly remarks of the President.
For the credit of the nation we are willing that the veil of oblivion shall be dropped over them, and they

Historically, there's no greater gulf in American history - except possibly for Truman - between how a
President was regarded in his lifetime versus how he is revered in history. Remember that the North had
draft riots - his 1864 opponent ran on the platform of "The War is a Failure - Peace Now!" - a general
who had prosecuted the war. His war effort was to them, a failure. Hated by his own party.

I won't imagine that Trump is Lincoln or will be remembered as warmly. But Lincoln was widely portrayed
in the NORTHERN press as an idiotic bumpkin, an uncouth man whose jokes were stupid and who ought

Public opinion should never be the sole lens of examining the value of a President. It's often wrong,
and pretty God-damned fickle.
[/FONT]

I have asked Tranny a few times to explain why presidents or even Speakers should use opinion polls - a snapshot of a few people - to adjust their actions. I'm still waiting on Tranny's answer. I do not expect Tranny has one, as it conflicts with his desire to post negative polls.

SamSpade

. I'm still waiting on Tranny's answer.

Tranny doesn't answer anything, which is why I rarely engage in his/her threads.
As it happens, I was already reading an Atlantic article about Lincoln, because I knew he was voted
in with less than 40% of the vote (as I mentioned in another thread).

Tranny posts threads and with almost zero exception, responds once and only once in a thread,
usually to the OP but almost always to Vrai if she's already posted something. Even more bizarre,
Tranny will respond to Vrai on a completely different subject area to insult her and try to inject
the discussion with politics, even though it may have nothing to do with it.

Normally I regard progressives as mistaken, or naive, or even just needlessly spiteful.
But Tranny is clearly disturbed. I can't imagine what day to day interaction must be with a person
who has to always bring up their hatred of Trump into any conversation, and who pointlessly
harasses ONE person over it.

Rommey

(AMONG DEMOCRATS/DEM LEANERS) If the 2020 Democratic primary or caucus in your state were being held today, for whom would you vote? (Open-ended, candidate names not read)

Joe Biden 9% [76 years old]
Kamala Harris 8%
Bernie Sanders 4% [77 years old]
Donald Trump 4%
Beto O'Rourke 3%
Michelle Obama 2%
Elizabeth Warren 2% [69 years old]
Cory Booker 1%
Steve Bullock 1%
Hillary Clinton 1% [71 years old]
Amy Klobuchar 1%
Nancy Pelosi 1% [78 years old]
Oprah Winfrey 1%
Michael Bloomberg * [76 years old]
Sherrod Brown *
Julian Castro *
Kirsten Gillibrand *
John Hickenlooper *
Gary Johnson *
Joe Kennedy *
Dennis Kucinich * [71 years old]
Jia Lee *
Bobby Scott * [71 years old]
Kyrsten Sinema *
Mark Warner *
Other 4%
Someone New 1%
No one/None of them 7%
Anyone/Any of them 5%
No opinion 43%

So 4% of these people think they should nominate Trump for the Democratic ticket. That would make for an interesting general election.

Q: (AMONG DEMOCRATS/DEM LEANERS) Which of the following do you think should be the most important priority in the U.S. right now?
Reducing economic inequality 21%
Combatting global warming 15%
Improving the health care system 31%
Reducing racial and gender discrimination 18%
(VOL) Other (SPECIFY) 1%
(VOL) Two or more equally 13%
(VOL) None 1%
No opinion 1%

Really? These are the the most important things that need to be addressed?

Last edited:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Sumner said of him "
[FONT=&amp]“There is a strong feeling among those who have seen Mr. Lincoln, in the way of

Of his Gettysburg Address a Pennsylvania paper wrote "[/FONT]
“We pass over the silly remarks of the President.

President was regarded in his lifetime versus how he is revered in history.
Remember that the North had

and pretty God-damned fickle.

I think you're going to see this over time with BO. The left revere him as a god now, but I foresee a time when the country as a whole will see him as a disaster.

22AcaciaAve

Those kind of polls are totally worthless. There is no named opposition so it's real easy to say "definitely would not vote for him." Trump may not be re-elected, but you can't place any credibility in a poll until the opposition is known. There have been similar poll findings against other incumbent presidents in their first term, only to see them be re-elected once the opposition was known. People have a tendency to say no way until they see how much the person running for the other side does not represent their own views then they rethink their statements.