Time to buy that BMW

chuckster

IMFUBARED
Just some info for all

No More Car Tax
January 2, 2003

Any time a tax is eliminated, celebration is in order. On January 1, 2003, the federal “luxury” tax on automobiles expired.

As CNSNews.com noted in an article earlier this week, the “luxury” tax originally was imposed in 1990 and applied to automobiles, yachts, private airplanes, fur coats and jewelry. In 1993, the tax was repealed on all items but for autos. Later, in 1996, a phase down of the “luxury” tax on automobiles was passed. The tax rate fell from 10% to 3% in 2002, and the threshold climbed from $30,000 to $40,000.

As of January 1, 2003, the “luxury” tax on automobiles came to an end. That’s good news for consumers (including small businesses), automakers and auto dealers.

Raymond J. Keating
Chief Economist
Small Business Survival Committee

J

justhangn

I guess they'll state taxing Dicken's Cider to make up for the loss money.

As if it wasn't expensive enough. :rolleyes:

fourreel

They could be giving them away and I would not want one. After the support, or lack of, they provided the United States in our last conflict they deserve nothing from American consumers. If you must buy foreign why not check out the new JAGUAR. At least the Brits supported us.

Y

yornoc

Originally posted by fourreel
They could be giving them away and I would not want one. After the support, or lack of, they provided the United States in our last conflict they deserve nothing from American consumers. If you must buy foreign why not check out the new JAGUAR. At least the Brits supported us.

Since Ford owns Jaguar, you will actually be supporting a US Company. Ford is also majority owner in Volvo and Mazda (among others).