57 degrees out..

Grumpy

Grandson sent us a pic a couple weeks ago from somewhere in Washinton when that west coast heat wave hit, on top of some mountain, snow all around and he was in shorts and t-shirt.

glhs837

Power with Control
Expecting a high of 72 degrees and sunny. Liking this Olympia Washington weather. Will be up in the snow when we drive up Mt Rainier tomorrow...

Done that drive a couple of times. Gorgeous, Last July only the faintest remnants of snow. Coming back from north of Philly yesterday on the bike. Was cooking a bit temps in the mid-high 90s. Hit a torrential downpour around Annapolis, real deluge stuff. Was over in less than 3 minutes, not even enough time to find shelter to don the rain gear. But after that, temps dropped to the mid 70s for about 10 miles, that was glorious :)

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
61 and sunny when we entered Capital Forest, outside Olympia, yesterday morning. Got up to a high of 71 by mid afternoon.

Same temp out this morning as we head out for a longer run...expecting to hit snow by the top of Mt. Rainier and going to check out Mt. St. Helens today too.

I could get used to this.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Mt. Rainier and Mt. St. Helens.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I see there's no smoke viable from the Oregon fires. (Or is that some smoke I see on the far right of the MSH photo?)

That's just the smoky haze from the volcano. There is a good bit of smoke and steam activity coming from the face that blew out.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
T-Bone and Heather said yesterday that the haze we were seeing in the morning was from the fires.
I drive in at 4am so I see nothing but darkness. :lol: I figured the entire East Coast would see some effects from the fires but David Muir made it seem like it was only in NYC because NYC is the only place that matters to some people.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I drive in at 4am so I see nothing but darkness. :lol: I figured the entire East Coast would see some effects from the fires but David Muir made it seem like it was only in NYC because NYC is the only place that matters to some people.
Obviously David's not from/in Washington, DC. :lol:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Did the complete Rt. 101 loop today. What amazing country!... The first water pic is the Pacific Ocean. The second is Crescent Lake...I've fallen for that place.