Eggs

SmallTown

Football season!
I am one of those people who opens the carton of eggs before buying them to make sure none are cracked.. Well, the other day at SFW, I did just that.. Normally the first one I check is ok and I go on from there.. But this time, I went through 5 or 6 before finding one that didn't have a cracked egg.. That wasn't all that bad because I can understand how eggs can be easily broken.. But in one of the cartons, an egg was missing! Who the freak steals *1* egg?? It is like $1 per carton.. Why????

I still love going to that store.. Though they have cut back their cashier staff so lines are longer than they were when they first opened. But I have been able to find pretty much everything I need there, where as Giant was always hit and miss.

SxyPrincess

Same thing happened to me about a year ago while shopping at Food Lion. :lol:

I heard they recycle the eggs through a machine 2-3 times, so you could actually be getting some really old ones. :confused:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by SmallTown
But in one of the cartons, an egg was missing! Who the freak steals *1* egg?? It is like $1 per carton.. Why????
Oh that was me. :blushing: There was a cracked egg in my carton so I stole one from yours. :neener:

John Z

if you will
Originally posted by SmallTown
Who the freak steals *1* egg?? It is like $1 per carton.. Why????

Here's a theory.... An egg is a compact, effective car paint-removing weapon. Some scalawag squirrels one away in their baggy coat pocket, and is ready to whip at their arch enemy's Civic later that Friday night after they've drank an illegally-obtained Bud Ice 40.

That's the best I could come up with... :biggrin:

K

Kizzy

Well, why should I have to pay for 12 eggs when I only want 1 egg. I am not paying for more than I need anymore. Why do they sell 8 hot dog buns and 12 hot dogs? Its a rip off I say.

K

Kizzy

I just loved Father of the Bride when he complained about the buns. :blushing:

red

the egg wasn't stolen. the easter bunny hits all the stores until easter, then he gives them all back easter morning. :rolleyes: