58 days until...

OldHillcrestGuy

What did the Capitals do in the off season to make a run at the Cup? Is threeormore still under contract?

He's still under contract but he wont be the starter, could even be traded, we have the 2 rookies, Varlamov and Neuvirth.
They picked up your Philly boy, Mike Knuble for down in front of the net, he will help with the loss of Federov, proably will score more goals then what Sergi would have scored, lost Victor Kozlov to the Russian team, but we have plenty of talent in Hershey to replace him. Have a couple of good young defensemen down in Hershey that may make the club, one guys really big, like 6'7".
Im thinking Caps will be one of the top 3 teams in the league this year and will end with more points then last year, Im thinking 112-114 for the year, GO CAPS

Peter Forsberg

He's still under contract but he wont be the starter, could even be traded, we have the 2 rookies, Varlamov and Neuvirth.
They picked up your Philly boy, Mike Knuble for down in front of the net, he will help with the loss of Federov, proably will score more goals then what Sergi would have scored, lost Victor Kozlov to the Russian team, but we have plenty of talent in Hershey to replace him. Have a couple of good young defensemen down in Hershey that may make the club, one guys really big, like 6'7".
Im thinking Caps will be one of the top 3 teams in the league this year and will end with more points then last year, Im thinking 112-114 for the year, GO CAPS
Don't take this the wrong way but i'm not sold on Varlamov yet. 112-114 points in the SouthEast div is possible.

OldHillcrestGuy

Don't take this the wrong way but i'm not sold on Varlamov yet. 112-114 points in the SouthEast div is possible.

Oh I wont, I know there is that possiblity he could just a flash in the pan, and a major injury to a key player, Ovie, Green, or Semin, could really hurt.
The future for the Caps looks really great, if not this year certainly within the next couple, we arent there yet but we should be able to have a run of several good years similiar to the Red Wings (whether it brings a Cup you just dont know yet), but I feel the next championship for the city will not be from the Redskins, Wizards or Nationals, but will be from Capitals. :buddies:

LordStanley

I know nothing
Oh I wont, I know there is that possiblity he could just a flash in the pan, and a major injury to a key player, Ovie, Green, or Semin, could really hurt.
The future for the Caps looks really great, if not this year certainly within the next couple, we arent there yet but we should be able to have a run of several good years similiar to the Red Wings (whether it brings a Cup you just dont know yet), but I feel the next championship for the city will not be from the Redskins, Wizards or Nationals, but will be from Capitals. :buddies:

Hell, just to have a team consistantly make the playoffs is something to be excited over.

I cant wait for the NHL season to start.