K

khuseman

Anybody see the unmarked cops this morning pulling over any trucks that passed on 235 south? A lady I work with said they had a road block going northbound on 5/235. Guess they must be looking for somebody :shrug:

Yup in front of the new shopping center this morning. There was only 1 cop truck that pulled 1 dump truck over.

Only 1 I saw.

K

Kizzy

persimmoncf said:
Today is DOT random Commercial Truck insections

That is what I was thinking. MSP C.V.E.D. does them. They pull them over to make sure they are at the correct gross vehicle weight, and they also have to check tires, brakes, and logs. “Pull your truck on the lot, bring me your driver’s license, registration, vehicle log and current fuel tax sticker.”

I use to be a Cadet.

Annakinnus

Don't know about 235, but on northbound Rt. 5 at 6:30 this morning, from before Bert's all the way up to the Mechanicsville post office, the right lane was blocked off with orange cones. I counted 9 state trooper cars, a couple of deputy sheriff cars, some other state-looking vehicles and several dump trucks parked parked all along the shoulder and in the right lane. They had traffic backed up past Mechanicsville Road and the 7-11. I hope that DOT and/or any other government agency wasn't stupid enough to do this during rush hour unless this was a true emergency situation. Blocking off a lane during rush hour is a really dumb and dangerous thing to do if it isn't absolutely necessary. Not to mention inconvenient for lots of folks who were late to work this morning.

Annakinnus said:
Don't know about 235, but on northbound Rt. 5 at 6:30 this morning, from before Bert's all the way up to the Mechanicsville post office, the right lane was blocked off with orange cones. I counted 9 state trooper cars, a couple of deputy sheriff cars, some other state-looking vehicles and several dump trucks parked parked all along the shoulder and in the right lane. They had traffic backed up past Mechanicsville Road and the 7-11. I hope that DOT and/or any other government agency wasn't stupid enough to do this during rush hour unless this was a true emergency situation. Blocking off a lane during rush hour is a really dumb and dangerous thing to do if it isn't absolutely necessary. Not to mention inconvenient for lots of folks who were late to work this morning.

If DOT wanted to do "spot inspections" on trucks in our area, wouldn't it behoove them to catch the trucks prior to them leaving the area...:confused:

K

Kizzy

jazz lady said:

Always :lol:

Catt,

We never sold cookies. I had to go and get the scales or write stuff down for the tech that knew what they were doing.

My youngest son asked me, last week sometime, if I knew how to make donuts. I said no not really. He said "they didn't teach you that in the academy." :ohwell:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Kizzy said:
Always :lol:

Catt,

We never sold cookies. I had to go and get the scales or write stuff down for the tech that knew what they were doing.

Where is Mainman with his "whoosh" when you need him. :lmao:

laura111881

Cops arent the brighest in the world they don't care if your late for work their doing theirjob and they aren't late..they were pulling people over and eatting their glazed donuts. :lol: :lmao:

K

Kizzy

laura111881 said:
Cops arent the brighest in the world they don't care if your late for work their doing theirjob and they aren't late..they were pulling people over and eatting their glazed donuts. :lol: :lmao:

Hummmm interesting... :ohwell:

stockgirl

Stocki
laura111881 said:
:yay:

willie

kwillia said:
If DOT wanted to do "spot inspections" on trucks in our area, wouldn't it behoove them to catch the trucks prior to them leaving the area...:confused:
insections are different.