Police In Park Hall

G

Gemmi

Anyone know what went on about 4:30 this afternoon.I was coming home from work and there were lots of police cars.They had one lane closed with cones.I did'nt see any sign of an accident.

sockgirl77

Gemmi said:
Anyone know what went on about 4:30 this afternoon.I was coming home from work and there were lots of police cars.They had one lane closed with cones.I did'nt see any sign of an accident.
Where in Park Hall?

G

Gemmi

Between Park Hall and St. Mary's City on Rt.5.Right past Park Hall Road.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
sockgirl77 said:
During the day? :rolleyes:
That's what I was wondering. I drove through there on my way home from work. Why wouldn't they set up the checkpoint at, say, 11 p.m. on a Friday night?

sockgirl77

Tonio said:
That's what I was wondering. I drove through there on my way home from work. Why wouldn't they set up the checkpoint at, say, 11 p.m. on a Friday night?
My point exactly. My guess is that it was either an accident or some :loser: got arrested.

:shrug:

Leelee

Just being Me !
They were checking fuel.
On road diesel fuel is dyed green, off road is dyed red.
The green has road tax and the red doesn't.
A BF told me they have been busting people with trucks up and down Rt & rt 235 all week for illegal fuel.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Leelee said:
They were checking fuel.
On road diesel fuel is dyed green, off road is dyed red.
The green has road tax and the red doesn't.
A BF told me they have been busting people with trucks up and down Rt & rt 235 all week for illegal fuel.
On the scanner all week. They were checking big trucks. How many violations for the trucks and how many for the drivers. Quite frankly, I'm getting tired of it cutting in on the "good" stuff on the scanner.

C

Chicagofan

BS Gal said:
On the scanner all week. They were checking big trucks. How many violations for the trucks and how many for the drivers. Quite frankly, I'm getting tired of it cutting in on the "good" stuff on the scanner.

:yeahthat:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Chicagofan said:
I mean, pleaaaaaaaaaase. I was trying to listen to the scanner about the drunk guy on a bike on 235 who had blood all over his face and was refusing treatment so I could report on it on this site and then, all of a sudden, I'm hearing about some trucker violation. They have GOT to get their priorities right.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
BS Gal said:
I was wondering why they had a dump truck pulled over in the Brass Rail parking lot this morning. Our tax dollars at work. :dork:

BigRed

BigRed said:
sobriety check point i'm sure

They are conducting checkpoints at "random" times. I know there was at least two somewhere in the county yesterday for happy hour.

And yes, there is a big operation for truck inspections going on right now...they are mostly roving checkpoints...the word gets out quickly with those kind of things

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
A few weeks ago they had a checkpoint in the same spot. Ironic that it was just past the Green Door. :confused: They were doing a DWI checkpoint it was advertised on the radio this past week that Mon. & Thurs. were the days.

T

tikipirate

Tigerlily said:
A few weeks ago they had a checkpoint in the same spot. Ironic that it was just past the Green Door. :confused: They were doing a DWI checkpoint it was advertised on the radio this past week that Mon. & Thurs. were the days.

They put the checkpoint between the college and the college bar on the biggest college boozing night. Makes sense to me. :drunk: