*Deer Hunting!*

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
That is called poaching it has nothing to do with hunting, it is illeagal and I agree you are weird!

T

tikipirate

gagirl said:
:rolleyes:

How about someone that hunts deer at night? That's illegal! They will get caught one day! :gossip:

Hunting deer at night using a spotlight is called "spotlighting" (duh) or "jacklighting" and is very illegal. The premise is that a deer will stare into the spotlight and become immobile, whence the poacher can shoot the deer in the throat with a low-powered (and hence quiet) .22 round. In theory, the deer will stare into the spotlight until he bleeds out and falls over. At least that's the theory. Most jacklighters just shoot the deer with a regular deer rifle and know the game wardens are at the local strip club.

Besides being illegal, the practice of jacklighting is very unsportsmanlike, and most hunters would actually call the cops to turn in a jacklighter. But please remember that many of these 'criminals' are just trying to put food on the family table.

Hunting is a pastime to many middle- and upper-class folks, and they can get self-righteous about it. These are the folks that spend $700 for the gun, $400 for the scope, and another $400 for all the 'right' clothing. They read hunting articles in 'Outdoor Life' and 'Field & Stream' magazine. They buy everything that Jim Carmichel tells them to. (Think Tiger Woods crossed with Hemingway.) I wish they knew (and more people knew) that hunting feeds more regular Americans just-getting-by than people realize.

OK, GAGIRL, I responded wholeheartedly to your post. So... What's your agenda? If you're anti-hunting, bring it on. (As you can see, I'm not the big b'w'ana.) If you're this, or that, bring it on and we will happily banter with you. But quit posting these leading threads that are peeing me off!

Last edited by a moderator:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
gagirl said:
So why do you think that I'am weird? :confused:
Answer your own question, go back and look at all the threads you have started. All random and mostly pointless.

SeaRide

Spotlighting is still a popular thing to do in eastern NC and it's LEGAL as long it's not being done between 11 pm and 1/2 hr before sunrise. I was told about this last year and I look into this which is true. Of course the purpose of spotlighting is for scouting purpose only.

I only know about the popular North Carolina (eastern counties) spotlighting.

SeaRide said:
Spotlighting is still a popular thing to do in eastern NC and it's LEGAL as long it's not being done between 11 pm and 1/2 hr before sunrise. I was told about this last year and I look into this which is true. Of course the purpose of spotlighting is for scouting purpose only. I only know about the popular North Carolina (eastern counties) spotlighting.
In MD they can cite you for shining your headlights across a field.

gagirl

Why?

AK-74me said:
Answer your own question, go back and look at all the threads you have started. All random and mostly pointless.

Oh my! You sure do have room to talk. NUDE CANNONBALLER? All the other threads on here don't make any sense either! :lmao: :lmao:

SmallTown

Football season!
tikipirate said:
Besides being illegal, the practice of jacklighting is very unsportsmanlike, and most hunters would actually call the cops to turn in a jacklighter.
Yea, much more sportsman-like to sit quietly in a tree dressed in clothes to closely mimic your surroundings, and to wait for a deer who is simply out trying to get a bite to eat, then BAM. :yay:

I say we should be able to go after them any way possible. Not our fault they are stupid :ohwell:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
gagirl said:
Oh my! You sure do have room to talk. NUDE CANNONBALLER? All the other threads on here don't make any sense either! :lmao: :lmao:

I have an excuse though, about 30 beers, you can't tell me you are drunk everytime you post on here!

StanleyRugg

I don’t hunt much anymore since Momma Rugg is getting her government checks and I sell some of my inventions but I used to. I got scared because I had a terrible incident with a deer that was possessed by Satan, Momma Rugg says Satan don’t posses no dumb animals but I aint so sure. I invented a deer whistle I used to call the deer right up. I made it out of some tin cans, a hair comb and some wax paper. I blew that deer whistle and a deer got so riled up it came a runnin and ran smack into a pin oak tree head on. I figgered it broke its fool neck so I drug it back and put it in the backseat of Momma Ruggs Cordova. I made it to near about Tin Top Hill to my brothers house when that deer came back to life. It started snortin and a kickin and tried to crawl right up in the front seat with me. I tried to shoot it but I missed and put a hole through the roof of the car. Ya ever shoot a rifle in a car with the winda’s rolled up? Its kinda loud. I finally got pulled over and the devil deer kicked out the back winda and ran off into the woods. I still hear bells in my right ear sometimes when it is real quiet, but I aint never had the itch to hunt again. Momma Rugg kicked me right in the rump for putting a hole in the roof of her Cordova.