How Safe are Students at Calvert County High Schools?

somdfan

This refers to bullying/violence. Would like to hear opinions which are based on experiences. Thanks!

somdfan

I think viewers would like to hear which school is having problems, but you don't have to mention the school if it is uncomfortable. Thanks.

rack'm

Jaded
somdfan said:
Did you know that even if the victim is defending themselves, they get in trouble, too?

Yeah, it's a loser society....but I'd rather my kid get suspended for kicking the trouble makers ass than get their ass kicked, be humiliated in front of the maggotry and then still get suspended.

Take your pick!

somdfan

rack'm said:
Yeah, it's a loser society....but I'd rather my kid get suspended for kicking the trouble makers ass than get their ass kicked, be humiliated in front of the maggotry and then still get suspended.

Take your pick!

Yeah, I agree.

S

Short_Cake

somdfan said:
I think I did. (for Tina2001aniT)

hes saying his kid or kids are getting bullied, etc... you need to teach them to :boxing:

S

Short_Cake

my daughter graduated from calvert and she never had any problems though, but I have heard some things about Patuxent..

somdfan

Short_Cake said:
my daughter graduated from calvert and she never had any problems though, but I have heard some things about Patuxent..

What have you heard about Patuxent?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I had children at Calvert Elementary, Calvert Middle and Calvert High...also had neices and nephews now at Calvert High...never any problem.

BuddyLee

Football addict
rack'm said:

Take your pick!
Rack'm is 100% correct and to top that off the parents need to stop pussy willowin' around as well. You pay for it, do something about it. Don't just b*tch and moan to your close friends take it up with the principle, even higher if you have to. I remember my middle school being pure hell, seemed like a prison of sorts. My mother sure did raise some hell and had a lot of things changed for the better.

Jambalaya

SpicyHot
somdfan said:
What have you heard about Patuxent?

My sone has witnessed a fight in his history class and in the cafeteria. He said the staff had both under control in less than a minute. I got a call from the Front office about an incident where another kid was calling my kid names and someone else reported it. I told them I belive in punishment but not to kick the kid out of school. I just want to point out that I just moved here and like the school. they take the harassment and bullying very serious.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I've had one son graduate Patuxent, and another just started this year.. Mill Creek Middle was fantabulous.. my son had a problem, reported it.. ended up when it went to far he reacted and had the instigator on the floor.. at first they suspended both of them, then they got the details and suspended the instigator, my son was allowed to return and make up the missed work.

NO problems from Patuxent.. I've been impressed with the security they have present, teachers all have hall duty and lunch room duty, they all carry radios for instant help.. Never heard any horror stories from my oldest boy, and if there was a problem at the school we got an instant report from the principal..