Speed Traps St. Mary's

Tri

Thank you, come again.
All the time I see many people pulled over at these hot spots, must be out of countyers :razz:

St. John's Pharmacy - North bound traffic

South Sandgates Road - North bound

Right before Cook's - South bound

Across street from Mechanicsville elementary - North bound

Right before 7/11 Mechanicsville (the one next to burchmart & bank) - North bound

In someones driveway right before WaWa in Mechanicsville - North bound (you'll never ever see them, this is their best spot)

Slightly past wonder bread Mechanicsville (they'll be on the left) - South bound

Thats just to name a few.

dustin

UAIOE
southbound 235 past hillville where the lake is on your left. in the center of the road.

southbound 235 at the hollywood rescue squad.

southbound route 5 past mechanicsville almost to H-D they sit on the right side of the road right on the other side of a little hill you go over.

northbound route 5 in mechanicsville on the left hand side in the used car lot (Guy motors???)

OldHillcrestGuy

Guy Motors in Mechcanicsville is where St Mary's Sheriff Office has there northern outpost (small office where they can do paper work) thats why you see police cars there.

blacklabman

I'd wish they would put more troopers on the section of Rte. 235 speedway between gate 1 and San Souci. Based on my speed and the other vehicle's relative speed, some are going at least 70 mph. The limit is 40 along that stretch. Don't get me wrong because I usually am between 5 and 10 mph over; but 30 over the limit! Also, I am not a left lane vigilante.

Maybe we should have a law like Virginia when over 20 mph over the limit is charged as reckless driving with a court appearance mandatory.

dustin

UAIOE
blacklabman said:
I'd wish they would put more troopers on the section of Rte. 235 speedway between gate 1 and San Souci. Based on my speed and the other vehicle's relative speed, some are going at least 70 mph. The limit is 40 along that stretch. Don't get me wrong because I usually am between 5 and 10 mph over; but 30 over the limit! Also, I am not a left lane vigilante.

Maybe we should have a law like Virginia when over 20 mph over the limit is charged as reckless driving with a court appearance mandatory.
There are cops that sit in the southbound lane at the CVS now

dustin

UAIOE
OldHillcrestGuy said:
Guy Motors in Mechcanicsville is where St Mary's Sheriff Office has there northern outpost (small office where they can do paper work) thats why you see police cars there.
I've seen em pull out of there and bust people too

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I got busted Saturday night, cop pulled me over and told me I was doing 79 in a 50 (235 South of gate three)....... I told him that wasn't possible.. it was about 7 or 8 (dark) and I had got in behind a car to block for me (I hate deer) the car was going too fast for me so i dropped back, when the cop went by, the car was STILL pulling away. Cop replied that he clocked the car at 66, me at 79.. when I saw him turning in my rearview I looked at my Speedo and it read 65.. I told him there was NO way this could be right.. not possible that I was doing 79.

He decided to "give me a break" and only ticketed me for 59 in a 50... still pissed that he pulled me over at all. He should of nailed the car.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
itsbob said:
I got busted Saturday night, cop pulled me over and told me I was doing 79 in a 50 (235 South of gate three)....... I told him that wasn't possible.. it was about 7 or 8 (dark) and I had got in behind a car to block for me (I hate deer) the car was going too fast for me so i dropped back, when the cop went by, the car was STILL pulling away. Cop replied that he clocked the car at 66, me at 79.. when I saw him turning in my rearview I looked at my Speedo and it read 65.. I told him there was NO way this could be right.. not possible that I was doing 79.

He decided to "give me a break" and only ticketed me for 59 in a 50... still pissed that he pulled me over at all. He should of nailed the car.
True, he should have gotten the speeding car in front of you. But you were speeding, too, which makes his ticketing of you perfectly legitimate. Sorry 'bout your luck, Dude.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
BadGirl said:
True, he should have gotten the speeding car in front of you. But you were speeding, too, which makes his ticketing of you perfectly legitimate. Sorry 'bout your luck, Dude.
Yeah yeah.. glad ya got my back!!

Wasn't upset about getting stopped.. Hell, I'll pay for speeding.. but to tell me I was doing 79 when I KNOW I wasn't going anywhere near that fast..

I think he was a CyclePhobe..

dustin

UAIOE
itsbob said:

probably the same dude that pulled me over in 03. thing is they pulled me over cause the road i was riding on came to an end on 235. so i made a u-turn and went back the other way. apparently the cops thought i saw them and was trying to run from them (he was headed south on 235) and came after me. when he caught up to me in the little straight (cause i slowed down) and popped the lights and started yelling at me (through the loudspeaker) to turn off the bike and step away from the vehicle. they both got out of the car with their hands on their guns and asked me why i ran from them. i told them i just made a u-turn cause i was roding some backroads :shrug: so i got a warning cause he said he couldnt put the radar gun on me cause i was going too fast through the twisties. :lol:

it's like they pull you over and then look for a reason to ticket you afterwards. twice that happened to me in jax as well...

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
DoWhat said:
Whatever happened at court?
I missed the outcome.
I think something terrible. I've asked, too, and gotten no response. Ummmmmm, Larry, we're waaaaaaaaaaiting......

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Tri said:
Thats just to name a few.

They also LOVE Indian Bridge Road in St. Mary's, especially on Friday and Saturday nights. It's a 40 MPH road, but most people try to go 55+.

I also saw them running radar last week on the hill on northbound 235 right before you get to gate 2 at Pax. They had QUITE a few people pulled over.

Ponytail

Justice Served...

Last Wednesday, I rode the Harley in to work. A woman in a white SUV passed me twice while talking on her cell phone going South on 4. The first time she passed me, we caught the red light there at Food Lion. She got beeped at at the green light cuz she wasn't paying attention while talking on her cell phone, and then came haulin' azz passed me again...only to get NAILED by lazer, by a state trooper waiting behind the sign there on the right which is EASY to see LONG before that laser is in range, if you're lookin and paying attention.

He walked right out in front of her, made her stop and then pointed over to the right. Ever see someone try to argue with a cop while talking on the phone and using sign language, errr made up hand signals, only? I almost HAD to pull over cuz I was lauging so hard.

I hope he gave her a ticket for speeding, not wearing a seat belt, talking on the cell phone (though I don't think that that is an offense here), wreckless driving, illegal use of hands, being ignorant and just plain stupid...

Pete

Repete
itsbob said:

heh, it was the BMW